Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise categories-Rucking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there

I've been walking with a loaded rucksack otherwise known as rucking.

What can I log this under as it has a higher burn rate to walking

Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Mbf I'm glad to see you around in our community. In this type of exercise my suggestion is to create a custom activity from your Web Dashboard. With a custom activity you can manually enter the calories burned and will be saved on your account for future uses.  There is an interesting article from Men's health that talked about the average of calories burned during this exercise and the exercise itself. It will give you an idea of how many calories you must log depending of the time you spend doing this activity. However there are no other activity that can match the calories burned since it will be an average the same for the custom activity.

To create a custom activity, do the following:
1. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/activities to see your activity log. Start typing in the search box under 'Log Activities".
2. Enter any physical activity you find yourself doing often.
3. After adding the activity, there will be the option to customize the activity via duration, distance (if applicable) start time and calories.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Mbf I'm glad to see you around in our community. In this type of exercise my suggestion is to create a custom activity from your Web Dashboard. With a custom activity you can manually enter the calories burned and will be saved on your account for future uses.  There is an interesting article from Men's health that talked about the average of calories burned during this exercise and the exercise itself. It will give you an idea of how many calories you must log depending of the time you spend doing this activity. However there are no other activity that can match the calories burned since it will be an average the same for the custom activity.

To create a custom activity, do the following:
1. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/activities to see your activity log. Start typing in the search box under 'Log Activities".
2. Enter any physical activity you find yourself doing often.
3. After adding the activity, there will be the option to customize the activity via duration, distance (if applicable) start time and calories.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you have more questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trhe help, I didnt think abuot creating a custom one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice if there was a preset category like walking, running hiking that did the calculations for you based upon speed, distance, and ruck weight.

Best Answer

Hello @xeroxs2k11, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Sounds interesting what you have brought to my attention. Have you posted your idea in our Feature Suggestion board? If you haven't and If this is something in which you're interested, please visit our Suggestion board.

I was able to find an idea quite similar which does not have to much time of being posted:

Custom categorize gps workouts

If you found interesting that idea you can show your support and contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future!

See you until the next one and keep participating in the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you, i added it.

Best Answer
0 Votes