Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data (TCX) not downloading

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just tried to download a ride I did this weekend so I can link it to my strava account but when I try to download it I just get the wheel circling. I've got my accounts linked for future rides now but I want to popoulate my previous data.

I know there was a previous dicussion on this that said it had been resolved but I wondered if anyone else was having this problem and how I can resolve it.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Colinm39 @Brocowboy i've just tried to do this on my mac & its worked first time..... bizarre but perhaps its just my windows laptop that didn't like it. 

Thank you both for your help

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I just tried to export my first run with my Ionic.  Same symptoms PhaeP described and no TCX file to be found anywhere.

scb

Best Answer

The TCX export is working for me on a GPS tracked activity...from the PC Activity Log....

TCX export.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see what you are saying Colinm39 and I see the same thing but when I execute the export, I cannot find any TSX files anywhere.  Where are they being downloaded to?

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/14376583869

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrocowboyThe TCX files get downloaded into your Download folder.

You will then need to convert from TCX to CSV and take it into Excel.

Also you only get the HR data from GPS tracked activities.

Also the error you see I find will occur if you select a time that bridges 12am and is lengthy in hours..

@Brocowboy wrote:

I see what you are saying Colinm39 and I see the same thing but when I execute the export, I cannot find any TSX files anywhere.  Where are they being downloaded to?

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/14376583869

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the comments guys.

When I try to download my file, I simply get a little message that says ‘the file can not be downloaded, we are working on the issue’ but I have no idea what I should change or check to make it work. I’ve looked in my downloads file & nothing there.

I am going to try on a different laptop tonight to see if that makes a difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrocowboyHere is the link for the TCX to CSV Converter. It's from bbarrera and a couple of days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PhaeP  Still working on my Windows 7 PC..

tcx export 2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Colinm39.  I am able to download files from the Gear (upper right) > Settings > Data Export approach.  What doesn't work is when I am trying to download directly from a Recent Exercise activity.  The latter may be a browser problem on my end.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PhaePThanks for the reply... It can't be from the Dashboard and can only be when you open the GPS activity from your Activity Log as per my previous post.. and click on the 3 dots in the top RH corner..

When you successfully download the TCX file you will have to go through my other link to the other topic to convert the data to Excel readable,,

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Colinm39 thanks, I’ve been doing it through the activity log & the 3 little dots, will have another bash at it in a little while! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 @Brocowboy i've just tried to do this on my mac & its worked first time..... bizarre but perhaps its just my windows laptop that didn't like it. 

Thank you both for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes