Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Weight loss Badges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

My goal is to lose 100+ Lbs, but for now I am focusing on it 10 lbs at a time. So far I have lost 10 lbs, but my Fitbit app shows that I have multiple badges, -10 Earned 5 times etc, etc. What's app with that (lol) 

IMG_9727.PNG

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

If gaining back a bit weight and loosing weight again.. reaching the 10lbs increment, the badge may have been re awarded several times.. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mystique,

No weight gain, I've bought my Fitbit Charge 2 on Boxing Day, and only plan on doing my weigh ins once a week. Must be a glitch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @MissGeorge! It's great to see new names on the Community. 

I'd like to take a closer look to what's happening. Could you please take a screen shot of your weight log page and then post it here? That should let us take a closer look and make sense of whats happening. 

Look forward to helping you find a way to make sense of the badges.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weight badges are doing the same thing. I have lost 10.5 lbs, and I have the 5 and 10 lb badges. My 5 lb badges says earned 10 times, the 10 lb badge and goal met badge say earned 2 times. I've started thinking that it gives the badge for every weigh-in where I stay under the 10 lb or 5 lb weight. That fits my numbers. I've weighed in 10 times since I lost 5 lbs and 2 times since I've lost 10 lbs. I don't want to try it, but I think if I were to weigh in at 2 lbs more, so that I have only lost 8 lbs, I would keep the 10 lb badge, but it would not increase in the number of times I've earned it until I lose the weight again. As I said, I don't want to play with the numbers and mess it up though. Has anything been figured out about this for sure? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @GettingfitinSC

After doing some further research on the matter I was able to determine that it indeed works in the way that you described. It will log badges based on the weight loss that you report. 

I hope this clarifies the situation. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

This would be logical but unfortunately I am experiencing something different. No matter what I weigh in at I will receive a badge for every weight loss increment I have received in the past, no matter if I've gained weight or not. For example, I lost 15 pounds but gained a pound but when I weighed in at 14 pounds lost I still received another 15 pound badge along with the 10 and 5. The weight loss badges on Fitbit are very confusing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Joshank83!

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I can definitely see how it would be confusing. Perhaps you could post a Feature Suggestion post elaborating on your idea. That way other users can vote and comment on your idea to show their support.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem. I've lost about 23 lbs but only bought my fitbit alta hr today. I accidentally messedup the goal weight and current weight and it registered that I had lost 100 lbs and met my goal, then awarded me a ton of badges I hadn't earned yet. I deleted the ones that weren't applicable to me, but even the ones that remain say they were earned many many times, which doesn't make sense. I definitely didn't lose 20lbs 8 times. I'd be dead lol! How do I fix this? Also, going forward, will I get a badge every 5 pounds? Or will the old ones repeat as "earned" again and again? Like if i lose 5 lbs between weigh ins will I get a 5 lb badge or one that indicates the total, like 30lb?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DarthLiki!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on the situation. As mentioned above, our team is aware of this situation. When we have any announcements on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know! 

Thanks for your patience and your understanding! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I entered a a wrong weight once, and it now think I lost 200 lbs 😞 so now I have a TON of badges.... How did you delete them??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @vtichko!

The option to manually remove badges is no longer available. Having said that, if you'd definitely like to remove some of your badges I can gladly have someone get in touch with so that they can help you with it.

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've reached out to the help on the fitbit website and they have been
working well with me to get this resolved! Super helpful!
Best Answer

Hey @vtichko!

Those are some great news, glad to hear that.

If you have the time, perhaps you could look into our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics in there that you can talk about with other Forum members.

Hope to see you around!

Best Answer