Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Projected Daily Calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using the Charge HR fitbit.

I would like to see a mobile dashboard, and preferably a tap gesture accessable screen that has a projected calories for the day value.  

Currently I do the math in my head which involves some rounding errors and takes time to process.  I would like to be able to see at a glance what my calories burned at midnight will be if I were to become completely inactive for the rest of the day.

For example, if I burn 2,160 calories in a day, or an average of 90 per hour, and I did a work out in the morning, and walked enough to keep 250+ steps every hour until noon, my calories burned so far for the day may be at around 1,600.  I would like to know, at a glance that if I were to crash on a couch from noon until midnight that my total calories for the day would be 2,680.  This would let me plan my meals and future exersice accordingly.  

Another example:  If I'm in the middle of an afternoon work out, and have my meals planned for the evening that I'll be consuming a total of 2,250 calories for the day, I will often stay at the gym until I've burned 2,800 calories by 7pm so that my net calories by midnight will be 3,250, and my deficit will be a solid 1000.  Instead if I could tap my fitbit and see that if I were to end my workout, my total for the day would be 3,250, I wouldn't need to do a lot of math that is cumbersome for a human but trivial for a computer to execute.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Beldizar

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Important to prevent duplicates Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

Click here to add new suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes