Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Version not Displayed at fitbit.com

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know that I can check the firmware version of my Charge 5 on the device itself, but I used to be able to check it out at fitbit.com on my list of devices.  Lately I've noticed that the version is no longer displayed.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 8.08.54 PM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @delawareBirder 

You can find the current version of your Charge 5 by following these steps: 

Open the Fitbit App

Tap your profile picture 

Scroll down and tap Charge 5

Your Version will be displayed at the top of your screen next to the picture of your Charge 5. It will also tell you the last time you synced. 

😃 I hope this provides you with the best answer to your question. Please let me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  I am reporting that when I do exactly as you say, the version is not displayed as I've shown in the screen capture.  There is no version displayed, only the words "Firmware Version".

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤔interesting… mine appears like yours here on the Fitbit community dashboard under my settings:

7CE6C60C-C82D-435C-94DE-3D7BEC49E420.jpeg

But going through my Fitbit App it appears like this: 

E0C7401D-343B-41B2-BEF9-D18C69CB3C7C.jpeg

You said in your original post: I used to be able to check it out at fitbit.com on my list of devices

So I assumed you meant here on the website and not referring to the Fitbit App. I don’t ever recall the Fitbit Version being displayed here on the website but only in the Fitbit App. (That’s why I posted directions on how to find your Fitbit Version in the App instead) 

So, to clarify are you talking about here on the Fitbit.com website or on the Fitbit App? 

update: I dug around a bit and found this thread here where moderator clarified that Firmware Version isn’t on the dashboard: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Sense-firmware-version-won-t-show-up-at-fitbit-com/td-p/499853...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Yes, I was referring to the website.  I recall on my previous Fitbit devices the firmware version was displayed on the website.  I thought perhaps it was a bug with the Charge 5, but the Sense firmware version also does no appear on the website as reported in the link you shared as well as your Versa 2.  I guess that ability has been removed, but the words remain.  Sounds like a software bug to me.

Best Answer

Hello @delawareBirder 

I apologize for my late response. I was digging deep into online images in hope of discovering one with the Version stated on the online dashboard here in the community. Not easy I assure you but low and behold I did indeed find one: 

0B3FCC73-E7EA-4C81-A520-DDB240FBA1D0.jpeg

The image took me back memory lane of course because this image is from 2016. I recognize the dashboard old style layout and according to your profile I’m sure you recognize it too being a long time user as well. So, I retract my previous statement saying I don’t ever recall seeing it there because the image clearly shows it once was. (But, I honestly still don’t remember) 😂

The earliest image I can find online with it gone is in the year 2021. It might had been earlier but I failed to find an image online: 

91A11A0D-02B6-4E20-B1ED-36C50F7A9C9F.jpeg

So, I would agree with you that it’s either a bug that the Firmware information is missing or intentional for whatever reason.  I admit that having the firmware version number on your Fitbit watch, your Fitbit app AND the online dashboard is a bit redundant but I don’t make the rules. 

Hopefully a moderator will view this post, offer more clarity on the confusion and verify that it is indeed a software bug or not. 

😉 I hope my response has added a bit of help and answered some of your questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerThank you for that informative and complete response!  We are in agreement that it used to be displayed on the online dashboard and it no longer is displayed.  Given the problems that are being had with the Charge 5, I'm sure this won't be considered a high priority!

Best Answer

Very doubtful @delawareBirder 

😉 Especially since it can be viewed in two other areas….but still needs to be addressed and either added or have the word Firmware removed on website dashboard to avoid confusion for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@delawareBirder   Your post was moved to the fitbit.com dashboard forum.  It is a better fit for your question.  Your observation is just one of several bugs with the web dashboard.  Fitbit stopped fixing bugs on the web dashboard when moved to devices being compatible with the mobile app only.  I'm confident that this won't get fixed.

I looked at your profile and saw that you joined Fitbit in 2016.  Your web dashboard was identical to your mobile dashboard, so checking on things like your device specifics made sense.  Ever since the introduction of active zone minutes, the addition of features like your Health Metrics, and moving all Premium features to the mobile app, the web dashboard has lost usefulness.  It's best to accept this and move on.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe what is best is to remove the verbiage Firmware Version from the web dashboard to avoid any confusion to users. 

Best Answer