Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First and Last Name Issue on the Profile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With a recent update, FITBIT took away the option to just simply enter the first name and also allow numbers.
We use the FITBITS for research so our Profiles had the subject ID listed with 3 letters and 3 numbers in the first name box. Now no numbers are allowed and it also requires a Last Name.
This is VERY frustrating and should not have been altered.
Please change this back to the way it was for convenience and also for the many researchers who utilize this feature

Thanks!

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Please complain to support. It really will not be seen here

Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Also if you just leave the field alone and not try to change it it will stay the same.

I think once changed you are stuck. But anyone new will have a problem

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Research! Thanks for stepping into the Forums.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. I can certainly see how it would be very beneficial to be able to use designations like you mentioned. 

I located a Feature Suggestion to bring nicknames back. Perhaps you could vote for it and comment on it to show your support. In the meantime, perhaps you could designate specific last names to replace the numbers. Perhaps color names, if I may suggest something.

Thanks for your feedback. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I see that the name issue has been fixed to allow numbers again! Thanks

BUT in going back to fix OLD accounts where it was an issue last week, it is still popping up with 2 boxes when attempting to go into settings and not allowing me to put it the ID with the numbers that I would like to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Research!

Would it be possible for you to get some screen shots of the accounts doing that and then post them here? That should let me see what is going on and find a way to move forward.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit  It's worse than that... You cannot change your stride lengths unless you eliminate the numbers in the name. If I change stride from the from the Android and sync it doesn't take on the PC.. A no win situation....

Also with only 2 votes on the suggestion it with never get traction to influence the engineers..

nickname s.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thanks for that picture @Colinm39!

After doing some further digging I found this post talking about the Dashboard implementing the use of names and last names in the future. Taking this into consideration I would say that this is the reason why no numerical values are allowed and probably won't be allowed in the future. 

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbitThanks for the reply... I'm now Colin M in the Challenges and Friends.  But still Colinm39 in the Community Forums.

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Thanks for that picture @Colinm39!

After doing some further digging I found this post talking about the Dashboard implementing the use of names and last names in the future. Taking this into consideration I would say that this is the reason why no numerical values are allowed and probably won't be allowed in the future. 

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Colinm39.

Great to read that you were able to change the name on your account. Please do keep in mind that changing the username of the community is not possible.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbitAgain, thanks for the quick reply. That explains why many still have numerals in there ID in the Forums.

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hey @Colinm39.

Great to read that you were able to change the name on your account. Please do keep in mind that changing the username of the community is not possible.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new Alta and it was on military time. I had to go to profile to change it and only if I added a last name would it let me save the time change. Now I can’t change back. ☹️👎

Best Answer

@Carol247  I wouldn't worry about the change because to the Community it shows up as this..

CAROLH.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carol247  You can change the surname because I just changed mine in this link.. to my Settings in my Fitbit profile..

Best Answer

I think the issue might be that once you go into the profile settings and make a change it insists that you enter a surname. From then onwards you can change the surname but you can't remove it.

Best Answer
Yes you can change but not remove the last name. It won’t even let me change it now. Says I have to wait 60 days to change. 👎

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @Colinm39 and @SteveH. Welcome to the Forums @Carol247.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for being around to help @SteveH and @Colinm39.

@Carol247 If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users so maybe you will find it interesting.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting... I just hung up the phone with support and they instructed me to post on the commnity chat forum to get heard... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having a problem regarding my name. I joined in 12/2016 with only my first name. I am now trying to change my Charge2 from 12-hour to 24-hour time...but it wants me to ‘fix my error’ of no last name. So I attempted to and....

When I try to add a last name it will only allow me to type in the first name block. It refuses to allow access to the last name block & refuses to allow time change until I correct the last name issue... Around & around I go. UGGGHHHHHH!

HELP!

Best Answer

Hello @KBMG. Welcome to the Forums @KivaGal.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@KBMG Please do know that we take all comments seriously and we're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

@KivaGal, Could you share some screenshots of what you are seeing? That way we can determine what is going on. There is no reason why you shouldn't have access to the Last Name option.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is exactly the same as KivaGal! Can not add letters to surname field!

Best Answer
0 Votes