Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit won's Sync to phone or computer.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Although my unit is set to sync all day it has not synced in 24 hours and I can't seem to make it sync.  Pretty sure I haven't changed anything.  Ideas???

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

A very warm welcome to the Forums @HSbitfit.

That sounds quite bothersome. It could be that the tracker is stuck for some reason. I'd recommend that we try to restart the tracker and your computer and then try to sync once more. It should definitely work.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta will sync to my iphone but not to my computer.  I cannot find how to sync via the computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @J1954!

Let me help you with that. In order to get your Alta to sync to your computer you'd have to download the Fitbit Connect software. Once you have downloaded and installed it, open the software and click on the 'Sync Now' button. You will be asked to access your account.

If you have a Windows computer, that isn't Windows 10, you'll have the plug in a USB dongle into your computer. If you are using a Mac computer, turn on the Bluetooth on it to perform the sync. Finally, if you have a Windows 10 computer you can look for the Fitbit App on the Windows store and sync that way.

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I restarted the FitBit yesterday and it synced then. Today it is not responding again. The sync bar starts left and gets as far as underlining the fit in the work fitbit top left of the screen. It does not continue across. It has been working great for months. Now it sometimes will sync steps but is not loading the sleep patterns. I deleted the fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled. No change. Heart rate is connected and shows immediately on the phone app. Don’t know why the sleep info won’t sync across.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not syncing now for 22 years - see other discussion thread. Have restarted Fitbit, re-installed Fitbit Connect, re-started computer, tried same on mobile phone app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @HSbitfit and @SunsetRunner.

That's terrible. Let's try to restart the connection between your mobile devices and the tracker:

1. Go into the Bluetooth settings and look for your tracker.
  2. Remove the tracker from the paired devices list.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and go into the account tab.
  4. Select the 'Setup a New Device' and follow the process in there.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lanuza. It wasn't working with laptop or desktop computer either with charger. It is no syncing again without problems indicating that the problem was not at my end. Just a shame Fitbit seem to ignore the problem until they've fixed something and then seem to pretend it wasn't a Fitbit issue. I say "seem" as it's an anecdotal observation.

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for letting me know it is now working again. I absolutely understand how you feel. I assure you that we're not trying to disregard issues just like that. We take all situations seriously and always look for the best ways to resolve them.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes