Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Connect is not compatible with MAC Catalina

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MAC

I have upgraded to MAC Catalina 10.15 and although the FitBit Connect app is installed it does not see Bluetooth. A message "Turn On Bluetooth to sync your trackers" comes up, however Bluetooth is connected and active. Synced/Updated on my iPad but the updated information does not appear on my MAC Fitbit Dashboard 

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SueSA108

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the difficulty you're experiencing with syncing your device to Mac Catalina 10.15. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this and for letting me know that you can sync the device with your iPad. I recommend making sure that your iPad is not nearby or turn off Bluetooth on it when trying to sync to Mac. Please follow the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi,

Temporary work around, if I switch off and restart the Mac, Blue Tooth
is recognised and Fitbit connect works, dashboard updated. However, a
day later the problem recurs, message again to switch on Blue Tooth (no
other BT devices, IPad, phone nearby). Restarting Mac corrects. I have
never had this problem with the earlier system, only since the Catalina
update

Kind Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @SueSA108, thank you for your reply.  

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I am glad to hear you've found the way to sync your device to your Mac, thank you for sharing your workaround. I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences and your comments are always welcome.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I tried all the suggestions on Apple & on FitBit but most don't help because I have my FitBit app on my desktop computer.

After an hour of frustration, I opened my browser (Safari) and went to the cookies (in PREFERENCES) and deleted the info associated with the FitBit.  I then went back to My FitBit dashboard and everything updated for today.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @lindalshot.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your solution for the Fitbit on desktop computer. I really appreciate your efforts and your time. I am sure this information will be useful for other users experiencing similar issues. 

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipes and much more.

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer

Unfortunately, when I went to my FitBit dashboard last evening, I found that deleting the cookies was only a temporary fix. Sorry.

Best Answer

Hi @lindalshot, thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties. I recommend verifying if your tracker is updated to the latest firmware version: How do I update my Fitbit device? If you continue experiencing difficulties, please confirm your computer operating system. I will be glad to investigate further. 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer

I have uninstalled Fitbit Connect (version 2.0.2.7241, approx two years old) and again downloaded from the Fitbit site. Still the same version number but will not instal on iMac Catalina 10.15 - will not go past Licence. This is now 64bit only, no longer runs 32bit apps - looks as if a full upgrade to Fitbit Connect is for iMac Catalina users, hopefully coming soon?

Best Answer

Restarted iMac and after 4 or 5 attempts Fitbit connect installed successfully. However this has not solved the problem, after restart Fitbit connects and syncs normally but within a few hours the connection is lost, "Turn on Blue Tooth to sync your trackers". Blue Tooth is switched on and working, keyboard and mouse are BT functioning normally. Plugging the dongle does not help, when it loses BT connection it also says "Couldn't find Wireless Sync Dongle"

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue. Since I updated my Mac to Catalina (10.15), the Fitbit icon in the menubar says "Couldn't Find Wireless Sync Dongle" all the time. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling, but it doesn't look like this will be a permanent fix.

A few apps have stopped working since the update to Catalina. YNAB is one, for example. I think the only real good answer is that Fitbit need to update, and make the dongles compatible with Catalina.
Best Answer

Same here.

Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for the updates. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

@SueSA108 thank you for your reply. I understand your concern and appreciate your time and efforts to resolve the issue. Your feedback is greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving. The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, where our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. If possible, please use another supported device for syncing. 

@Cassian @Choreo thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing similar issue. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions as we're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences. I would like to confirm if you've followed the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

To be very clear. Fitbit Connect does not work properly with Catalina. It only works immediately after a restart and then the connection is lost. An update to the Fitbit Connect App is required.

Best Answer

I totally agree.  This has been a problem with Catalina from the moment of upgrade and FitBit is just not stepping up to the plate to fix it...   sad response from a company who will be left behind in the fitness tracker race because of their dragging their feet on problem response.

Best Answer

This problem was put up and is now marked as "solved"  in another thread.   NOT TRUE and not yet addressed by Fitbit as to if/when they will release a new version of Fitbit Connect that can recognize bluetooth connectivity on Mac OS X Catalina.  The application continually gives a "Turn on your bluetooth on your Mac" error -- and since most of us are now using bluetooth keyboards, mice and trackpads, it is obvious to us that the bluetooth function is ON and WORKING.  

The "solution" checkmarked and given as "best answer" in the other thread is to continually reboot your Mac each and every time you want to sync your fitbit with the cloud.  And even that only works sporadically  -  and then only for a moment or two before failing again.

What's going on Fitbit?????????????

Best Answer

Hello @ChaunceySF  the original poster or Moderator can mark these as the best answer. Your post was merged into this thread since you previously posted in it. I've notified a moderator about this thread and they will be by to address the issue. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ChaunceySF. It's nice to see you around, @tomandandy @Odyssey13. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@tomandandy @ChaunceySF thank you for joining the thread. I appreciate your input and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. To share additional feedback or if you want to see features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

@ChaunceySF the best answer was selected as the best workaround at this time while we work to improve your experience.

@Odyssey13 thank you for your support! 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer

I also have not been able to sync after upgrading to Catalina. I've tried the suggested troubleshooting, but nothing works.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Matcherbeck

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you have not been able to sync after upgrading to Catalina. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts, you can confirm the complete troubleshooting steps here. Please confirm if you're able to sync your device with another computer or compatible mobile device to check if the issue is with MAC Catalina and not with your device. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes