Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Connect support for Apple Mac

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It looks as though Apple mac computers are no longer properly supported and any advice in thse forums seems to be years old. If you follow the various suggestion you just go round and round in circles ending up trying to download Fitbit Connect again only to find that the app on the Mac App store is only for iPhone. I have it on my iPhone but use the computer more. The dashboard no longer appears in the menu bar since I updated my operating system to High Sierra and the login links mostly only  take you to a general Fitbit devices page. It is unbelievably clunky and time wasting. Please suggest something that will save time!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Brightfire   You are correct the Fitbit Connect isn't available from the App Store.  You need to download it from Fitbit at https://www.fitbit.com/setup   But I need to give you some information.  You don't say what model Fitbit you use, but many of the newer devices aren't compatible with Fitbit Connect and must sync with an Android or iPhone.

Fitbit really is moving away from syncing with computers, both Mac and PC.  I want to point out that High Sierra was released in 2017.  It might be the "newest" operating that your Mac can handle.  Fitbit Connect has not been updated since 2018.  Newer operating systems aren't compatible with Fitbit Connect and you must sync with your iPhone.  Keep in mind that when you sync with your phone, your information goes to your account and is immediately available on your web dashboard.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Brightfire   You are correct the Fitbit Connect isn't available from the App Store.  You need to download it from Fitbit at https://www.fitbit.com/setup   But I need to give you some information.  You don't say what model Fitbit you use, but many of the newer devices aren't compatible with Fitbit Connect and must sync with an Android or iPhone.

Fitbit really is moving away from syncing with computers, both Mac and PC.  I want to point out that High Sierra was released in 2017.  It might be the "newest" operating that your Mac can handle.  Fitbit Connect has not been updated since 2018.  Newer operating systems aren't compatible with Fitbit Connect and you must sync with your iPhone.  Keep in mind that when you sync with your phone, your information goes to your account and is immediately available on your web dashboard.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for confirming what I thought. By changing some settings in Fitbit I am able to go straight to the dashboard in my browser from a bookmark but had lost that ability recently, very incoveniently. You can search for Fitbin login but that's not where you get to! I can't imagine why Macs are not supported even for my slightly aging machine and my Alta HR Fitbit. I hate throwing good stuff away! And with my eyes and arthritic fingers a mobile is not my device of choice. But it was good to be reminded that the information, when synched, is available on the web dashboard.

Best Answer