Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Dashboard shows calories for days before my Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Setup a brand new Fitbit Charge2 just now.  While playing with app I noticed that it displays 959 calories burned for each day starting yesterday all the way to June of last year. That is when I stopped scrolling. I just now setup the account, synced Charge2 so not sure how this is possible.

Not only that it is displaying I burned 876 calories within 1 hour of setup while I was doing nothing but lounging on couch. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @stmifx

This is not an issue, this is the way the Fitbit Dashboard is designed to behave. The number of calories that you see for each previous day is based on the information that you entered on your account. It is your BMR. You can read more about it in here.

The Dashboard automatically populates all past days with your BMR as a way to better estimate your information, like expected burnt calories or estimated number of calories you consume a day. The more you use it, the better it will estimate your information.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

BMR definition aside, just doesn't make any sense to have app pre-populate 959 calories/day all the way back to start of previous year. I'd say poor it is just usability. The fact that it made come here & post about it attests to that. Why does it matter what my BMR would be for days in the past, when I didn't even have a Charge2. 

The fact that Charge2 thinks that I expended 876 calories while I was doing nothing but sitting around makes no sense either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @stmifx.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. 

As mentioned above, it does so in order to better calculate estimates for how many calories you will burn and should consume. Please do note that those estimates will evolve and refine the more you use the Fitbit.

As for burning calories while doing nothing, please keep in mind that calories are burned all the time in order to keep your bodily functions going. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any further clarifications.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes