Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Syncing but Workweek Hustle won't.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge HR and am currently participating in a workweek hustle.  My dashboard is syncing fine (as recently as 1 minute ago). However, my workweek hustle says it has not been synced for over 6 hours. I haven't been manually logging steps or using the MobileRun feature. Help!

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@mcbgf Thanks for joining us! Have you tried logging out and then logging back in to your Fitbit app? Also, try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your Charge HR will begin charging.
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  3. Let go of the button.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Now take into account the following to make sure that your steps sync properly to your Workweek Hustle Challenge:

1. Your steps have fully synced to the database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

We also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates. Finally, please indicate if you're using Android, iOS or a Windows device. I'll be looking forward to your new comments!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I am having this same issue--i am in multiple challenges this week and all but one is syncing just fine--one is showing that I have 0 steps. When I plug in my Charge HR and hold the button as instructed it just goes right into workout mode--any suggestions?

Best Answer

@madzyz thanks for joining us! That's weird... Let's go ahead and find a solution for this. Hey, just out of curiosity in how many challenges are you currently participating? The reason why I'm asking this is because at the moment being you can only be in ten challenges at a time, the other ones won't work. Another reason why your steps may not be syncing properly is because the challenge creator is in a different timezone than you.

Do you know if other challenge participants are also experiencing this issue? Do let me know. 

In the meantime, I suggest logging out from your app, restarting your mobile device and then logging back in again. Smiley Happy Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I can't believe that steps tracked using the GPS in the Fitbit app don't count towards challenges. I'm having issues with my walks counting as active minutes but not as an exercise. I've since resorted to using the GPS tracker during walks so that I get the exercise to count. I actually had to use the GPS in the app because my Alta would have died during my walk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SRCalta thanks for joining us! I definitely understand where you're coming from and thanks for your feedback. This definitely has the potential to be a Feature Suggestion to our devs and engineers. I encourage you to make your voice heard in the Feature Suggestion board by posting this there. I wasn't able to find a related idea, therefore I encourage you to post a new one. Smiley Wink

Also, as a suggestion make sure your tracker is fully charged before each workout session. You could customize your account for it to notify you via email or through your mobile device when your Alta needs to be re charged. Take a look at the screenshot here:

notifications email and sms.png

Let me know if you have further inquiries. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I know this isn't related to this post but any ideas on why it wouldn't register my 45 minute walk as an exercise to hit my 4 days per week goal? It counted it as active minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to agree that the manual exercise not counting towards challenges is annoying.  I went for a 5 mile walk on Monday but forgot to wear my Charge 2 (just ran a half marathon Sunday so it was charging), with the steps I would be leading our challenge but because I manually added them I am in 2nd to last.  I wish this would be updated so all steps count

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @SRCalta! Hey, that's very weird. Please attempt a sync and then restart your tracker. Hey, just our of curiosity are you having the same info in your Web Dashboard as in your Fitbit app? If possible please post a couple of screenshots if you have different results on both your Fitbit app and Web Dashboard.

For future reference, please post your inquiry in the related tracker board or in the Fitbit app (Android, iOS or Windows). This is to keep the community organized and the conversations on topic. Thanks for your understanding!

@SunsetRunner welcome aboard! Please add your votes and comments in the idea called: Manual Logging - Challenges. The more votes and comments, the more visibility it gains. 

Just as a friendly reminder guys, keep the conversation productive and on topic since we're discussing steps not syncing to the Workweek Hustle, already checking that you're not manually adding your steps or activities. Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Mine just started doing the same thing today. My tracker shows that I have 17,063 steps but in the challenge it's only showing 16,212. I'm not in a different time zone. My battery is fully charged. I've logged off, and logged back on. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've plugged my charge 2 in and tried restarting it. I've turned the blue tooth on and off. This is really frustrating. I'm not using any GPS. I have the Do Not disturb showing green. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Same thing has happened to me - and Im not sure how many other times it has happened now and not realised. I have the fitbit flex if there are any answers, I have tried all-sorts this morning.

Best Answer

OH GOD!  Help me . ..i'm having same exact issue on Surge.

I did everything .... rebooted phone, bluetooth, plugged the surge in ,, pressed the buttons to reboot...  battery is fully charged.. 

i should be in first place in my workweek hustle...but i'm in 3rd 😞 

I have 13k steps in my daily steps. .but not showing up in my work week hustle.

I didn't do anything manually. . i don't do manual add stuff ever.

I have gps, but never run that either as it drains battery so never have that on at all. . 

Please help.

Best Answer

@Kaylenmargaret @foglet97 & @Kaylenmargaret thanks for joining us and for bringing this up to my attention. I'd like to let you guys know that there is currently an on going issue with the Workweek Hustle challenge. This affects steps not syncing properly.

Fortunately our devs are already aware of this situation and working on a fix. I've seen that posting a message to your chat group sometimes does the trick. I've also found a thread where @Umdkevin shared a workaround that might work for you. Check it out here! Rest assured our engineers are working hard on a fix. Thanks a million for your patience! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I tried everything  but was avoiding deleting the app for fear I would lose my 18,000 steps from yesterday… Anyway that is what it took. Don't be afraid. Just do it. Delete the app and reinstall. I did do everything else first so perhaps it was a combination of all but in the end deleting the app and reinstalling is what fixed the sync problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for joining us in this thread and for sharing what worked for you @MommaSlay! I'm sure this will help other users as well. Making sure that the Fitbit app is running its latest version is also very important. 

This is definitely what the Community is all about: sharing knowledge and solution so that we can all learn. Smiley Wink

Way to go! Heart

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue. 

I'm in 2 Workweek Hustles. 

One of them shows my correct current total of 35,XXX steps for the week. The other only shows 26,XXX steps. 

Both are M-F challenges and all are in the same time zone. 

I've got a Blaze and I've tried resetting my phone, disconnecting my Fitbit from my phone, resetting the Fitbit while it is disconnected, etc. 

It should be noted that I do not manually log anything.

Any solutions?

It's just weird that there's a discrepency between the two concurrent Workweek Hustles. 

Best Answer
Id suggest completely deleting fitbit app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MommaSlay Thanks for your input! Has this worked for you in the past?

@andrewredbeard welcome to the forums! Thank you for the details on the situation. Sorry for the delay in my response. I wanted to step in to this thread to verify if your issue has been resolved by now. Do let me know! 

If not, then I've seen that some users have reported that when they comment on the challenge then their steps are synced. Also, I've found a couple of threads including workarounds. Check out these posts (Post 1 & Post 2). Hope this helps.

I appreciate you have bringing this up to my attention, and I'd like to let you know that our team is aware and looking into similar reports. I don't, however, have a ETA for when this is going to be fixed. Nevertheless, our devs are definitely working on a fix.

Good luck. Catch you later! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never got fixed. It only happened the once (so far). The weird thing was that there were 2 different amounts of steps on the 2 different challenges that week. One was correct. The other "lost" 9000 or so on Monday and never found them. Both challenges involved everyone being in the same time zone. I do not add steps manually. And my Blaze is charged often and never died during the duration. 

Comments did not work. Neither did de-syncing my phone from Fitbit, logging out of the app, deleting the app, reinstalling the app. Nothing worked. 

Best Answer

@andrewredbeard thanks for getting back to me and I certainly appreciate you took the time to troubleshoot this issue beforehand. Smiley Wink

Is it working now? Did you make sure that your Fitbit app is running its latest version? Do let me know!

Smiley Happy I'll be looking forward to your new comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes