Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't download to my computer from the app store.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just purchased a fitbit ionic and I'm trying to download the app from the app store. When I click on "Get it" it doesn't download, but simply goes back to the "Get it" button. I checked to see if Bluetooth is turned on on my computer and it is. I tried downloading the app to my wife's computer and it worked just fine (Fitbit has never been load to her computer before). I have an account from a previous fitbit charge. Is there anyway to remove all traces of fitbit from my computer and start from scratch?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Red17Baron, hope you're doing good! While reading your post I was wondering if you're trying to download your Fitbit app from a computer or mobile phone? If you're on a computer you need to download Fitbit Connect, if you're on the phone you need the Fitbit app.

To set up your Fitbit device with the Fitbit app:

1. Download and install the Fitbit app from one of the following locations: 

Note that you need an account with the store before you can download apps.

The Fitbit app is compatible with over 200 phones and tablets, as well as Windows 10 computers. To verify that your phone or tablet is compatible with the Fitbit app, go to www.fitbit.com/devices.

If your phone or tablet isn’t compatible, and you don’t have a Windows 10 computer, you can set up your Fitbit device on a Mac or Windows 8.1 computer with a program called Fitbit Connect. Choose a link below depending on whether you prefer to set up your device with the Fitbit app or with Fitbit Connect.

PS:  I moved your post to the Fitbit.com Dashboard as there are more chances to get app related replies here.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes