Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit doing it’s own thing!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So basically my Fitbit seems to be doing its own thing - it’s like someone is pressing the buttons but they’re not so it keeps locking itself because an incorrect password is being entered (because it’s randomly ‘pressing’ buttons on the screen) so I unlock it via the iPhone but it immediately locks again because it’s like the buttons are malfunctioning! I’ve reset it but as soon as it starts up again it’s flashing all sorts at me! What do I do?!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Juliekellyst  you didn't mention which Fitbit you had.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 , Nice to see you around. 

@Juliekellyst , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and information. 

If your Fitbit has a physical button, please make sure that there is no damage or dirt around it. You can try cleaning it with a dry, clean Q-tip. 
As mentioned by our friend Odyssey13 it would be very helpful if you let us know your Fitbit model. 

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Sorry - I have the Fitbit Versa …. 
It eventually stopped ‘doing its own thing’ so I’m not sure what was going on but I think it may be on it’s way out as the top half of the watch especially isn’t responding to ‘touch’ so I press clear to clear the messages and it doesn’t respond, I’ve had ti change my passcode as it wasn’t recognising the number 1 and sometimes it’s not swiping down so I think it’s on the blink generally! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In general, I would probably try restarting my tracker, if it was doing that.

See: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

Yeah I did that, my go to if there’s ever a problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@charleskn , Thank you for your help and link provided. 

@Juliekellyst , Thank you for your reply, further information and further efforts. . 

In that case, you should give our team a call or chat with them so that they get a closer look at your case. 

Here you'll find our contact options

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer