Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit never ceases to amaze me...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Because Fitbit doesn't send "year in review" emails to me, I have developed a habit of downloading my previous month's activities on the 1st day of the month to keep track of my activites. Recently, I noticed the step counts and distance for the year are not the same as the one I get from the "today" tile on the dashboard. So I download the months again and notice what I downloaded now is different from what I downloaded on the 1st. Attached is for the month of Sep 2021. The numbers on the left are downloaded on 10/1 and the data on the right are downloaded today (Oct 11). Why???

122.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

what never cease to amaze me if that you used two different date format in the same sentence. God knows what you (Assuming Americans) mean by 10/1, is it Oct 1st or Jan 10th?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ben_fitness wrote:

what never cease to amaze me if that you used two different date format in the same sentence. God knows what you (Assuming Americans) mean by 10/1, is it Oct 1st or Jan 10th?

Thank you for your comment. Do the "non-American" write 1/10 and Oct 11 in the same sentence or do they write 1/10 and 11 Oct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just write Oct 1st and Oct 11th to avoid any confusion

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the downloaded step counts are to be believed, my Trail Shoe badges (30,000 steps in a day) counts are way under than what it should be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded my Oct activities yesterday (11/1) and today (11/2) and found one discrepancy between the 2. Have no idea why the steps and distance are different for 10/3/2021.

Snap161.jpg

Will try to download tomorrow and see if data got change again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What never ceases to amaze me are snotty Redcoats who like ‘Ben_Fitness’ (sweet tag brah, never met a fit Brit in my life) who without American designed products like Fitbit would still be using a pocket watch he paid for with daddy’s ‘Shillings’.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded my Oct activities again today and notice 10/4 from today's download are different from yesterday and the day before.

146.jpg

Does anyone want to guess what is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded my Oct activities again today. Like clockwork, one day's data has been changed from the day before. Today, I notice data for 10/5 are changed from 22489 steps and 9.65 miles to 27064 steps and 9.62 miles.  So far, my steps count is up about 14000 steps between the download on 11/1 and the download on 11/4, but my distance is down from 305.94 miles to 305.87 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Comparing today's download (11/5), I found data for 10/5 has been changed steps count from 23375 to 28389 and miles from 10.1 to 10.09. I do notice is the changes only happen once a day. I can download multiple times a day but the data stay the same till the next day. Also, once a day's data have been changed, they will stay at the same values.

Best Answer
0 Votes