Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit partnership with Google

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hopefully, other Fitbit users would agree there is a major push by either Fitbit or goggle to create one Monopoly for the sole purpose of control.  I’ve been a Fitbit user since the beginning of Fitbit, endured the growing pains of technology.  However, this endeavor to team-up with goggle and thinking seriously of dumping Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hopie88 @IDKP @vee @Odyssey13 , Nice to see you around! Thank you for your comments, feedback and sharing your concern. 

Although Fitbit was purchased by Google and we all will need a Google account by 2025 to log in, Fitbit will continue providing Support and improvement to our products and services. 

To keep the discussions focused on questions and inquiries about our products, I'll be closing this thread!

We appreciate your comments and concerns and your voice is being heard. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @IDKP  Google purchased Fitbit and by 2025, we will all need a Google account to continue using our devices. I haven't switched over to Google yet, but will need to do it when it's a requirement. So Google has been controlling Fitbit ever since the conclusion of the purchase a few years back. It's just been a gradual change over time.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello Odyssey13,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, I disagree with your statement.  One’s individualism (choice) is the root of the question.  In the 1970s anti-trust  laws broke the hold of “ Ma-Bell” on the monopoly of telecommunications enough noted.
Goggle is another form of limiting the one’s choice.  I like my charger 5  I’m content and I’m not willing to give-up my freedom of choice.
Regardless, thanks for your response.   Be happy,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right,  it’s been a gradual change for the worse! Bit by bit they chip away at what we liked and loved about Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Vee, 

thanks for your response. Chipping away at one’s freedom of choice  by uncontrolled tech is unfortunate not going away.  Stand firm, never quit.  Once  we (all) give in then the song “in the year 25/25” is reality.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you, Vee. I’ve been experiencing problems, inconsistencies and apps apparently no longer supported. Specifically, my Fitindex scale no longer syncs with my Fitbit. There was no mention of this that I can find. I don’t want to have to buy another scale plus maybe losing past data. I’m disappointed with Fitbit right now but I don’t see anything else out there that’s comparable, especially at the same price point.

Hopemore88
Best Answer

To all,

If enough individuals start raising concerns about the quality of service from Fitbit provided though their (surrogate) Goggle and if there paying extra for Fitbit Premium it’s a scam.

My daughter purchased me the Fitbit Premium for my BD last July when it expires this July it will not be renewed.

I’m going back to my pedometer to count my steps.  I don’t need a third party documenting my activities.  I believe Fitbit original business plan was solid but, once the IT platforms became uncontrollable they became “Packman”.  So to all stand tall, stick to your own principles not a controlling entity,

Best Answer

@Hopie88 @IDKP @vee @Odyssey13 , Nice to see you around! Thank you for your comments, feedback and sharing your concern. 

Although Fitbit was purchased by Google and we all will need a Google account by 2025 to log in, Fitbit will continue providing Support and improvement to our products and services. 

To keep the discussions focused on questions and inquiries about our products, I'll be closing this thread!

We appreciate your comments and concerns and your voice is being heard. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer