Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit provides all the tools necessary for a successful diet. I say this as someone who's been obese for over 4 decades, tried a number of solutions, and has now lost over 20 pounds for the first time, at an average rate of 1.4 pounds per week for over 4 months. On top of that, by eating the right foods, I'm never hungry and have more energy than I've ever had. Learn to use the Fitbit tools effectively, and it will work for you too.

Table of Contents

Part 1: Fitbit Food Plan Basics

Part 2: Fitbit's Food Plan In-Depth

Part 3: Fitbit's Food Plan Tracking Tools

Part 4: Tips for Fitbit Weight Loss Success

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Thanks to @ErickFitbit and the Fitbit team for reviewing this to make sure I had the basics down pat.

Oh, and I just got my 25 pound badge, so the plan's still working.

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Best Answer

@SebringDon I can't thank you enough for your amazing contribution to the Community! 

I know many many users will take advantage of your comprehensive article and with this, you're helping others understand the amazing tools we offer. Thank you again!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Epic Smiley Happy

Kitten

Best Answer

This is aweome @SebringDon Thanks so much for this!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Great writeup, @SebringDon! Thanks for the contribution.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
Brilliant! Thanks so much!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Congrats on your weight loss and on an awesome post @SebringDon!

Scott | Aviano Italy

Force, One, Charge, Charge HR, Surge - iOS

Best Answer

@SebringDon Impressive post! Definitely going to use this as a reference for any Food Plan related questions.

Congrats on the weight loss, keep it up! Smiley Very Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Nicely done @SebringDon

Nick | Washington

Surge, Blaze, Flex 2, Alta HR: - iPhone 7, Windows 8/10, Macbook Pro

Please mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed, or visit the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Very well written ‘user guide’ to the food plan @SebringDon, logical, thoughtful, general observations and recommendations on sensible weight loss strategies to boot!

Thank you.

Best Answer

SebringDon,

Thank you so much for clarifying my questions regarding the Fitbit Food Plan.  I have lost 4.5 lbs since Christmas.  Slow and steady wins the race for me.  Please add me as a friend.  You have great advice and I really appreciate it.  I will pass it on to my friends.  Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.  

Best Answer

Great help! Very detailed! Great contribution!

Zip/One/Flex/Charge/ChargeHR/Surge - Aria 🙂
Best Answer

Hi, I have just started using fitbit on my mobile not got my charge hr yet. I was 11st 9lbs sunday 14th today 19th Feb 11st 5 .8lbs WOW! I am the laziest person I know so much so i am anaemic and lack vitamin d just from staying indoors on sofa everyday eating rubbish.  This week I have been out walking gardening swimming and have now booked a holiday abroad for May! This has given me motivation and it inspires me when I read other peoples stories too!

Brigette 

Best Answer

Thank you for your incredibly detailed information.  

I just changed from a Garmin tracker (using MyFitnessPal) to Fitbit.  Wanted to also use the Fitbit calorie tracker, trying to keep things simple by just having one site for everything, but it didn't seem very user friendly -- until I found your post -- 

Now I've been able to consolidate everything -- and I've actually bought a FitBit scale to make life even simpler!

Couldn't have done it without you -- thanks again! 

Fitbit should definitely put you on the payroll! 

Best Answer

Thank you for the great infoI I have type 2 Diabetes and I find MyFitnessPal invauable in keeping track of my carbs and calories.

Best Answer

Fitbit nutrional values are so crazy wrong, eg., just logged 12 oz. of green tea and it charged me sodium and carbs. There is NO sodium orCarbs. in Green Tea people!!! Californuia medley steamed vegetables, same nonsense. I compare the bag to what Fitbit posts, and it's not even close. I'm serious about my health, and avoid carbs, and sodium like the plague. I know sodium is hidden everywhere, but please Fitbit, don't make it up when it is not there. Does anybody agree with me??? Please help

Thanks,

Dennis D. Conley

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ddc4289 thanks for bringing this to our attention! Are you still experiencing this? If so, do you mind taking a screenshot of the discrepancies you are seeing so we can investigate this further? Keep us posted!

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

What device do you have? I have the charge HR and do not see any of the things you mention, e.g. Sedentary vs personalized. Where are these screenshots from; not from my Android device. I got my Fitbit in March of 2016 which is just a couple of months after the date of this article. It is extremely frustrating! My food chart was green, I got into bed and it went yellow. Keeping it in the green is difficult! Any insight would be helpful. After browsing this blog, seems like I'm not the only one. Thanks, Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Charge 2 and I too do not see the "Personalized" or "Sedentary" settings.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes