Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Log Data Export

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an idea - or a question is this already exists. I like to export my Food log and graph it, but when you export the food log, the data doesn't come out as a number, but a text string. It also comes out with grams, mg, oz, etc. attached to the end of the number. So there's not easy way to copy and paste the food log export data into a separate sheet and graph it numerically. 

Ideally it would look like this in excel: B1: Fat, C1: 138 (number, not string), D1: grams. Then B2: Fiber, C2: 20, D2: grams etc. 

If the data exported as numbers, with the label in the cell next to it (or the grams, oz, mg could be implied) the data could easily be exported and graphed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @JDamiano, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and I appreciate your feedback regarding the exporting tool in our Fitbit.com Dashboard. 

I'm wondering if you are able to share a screenshot with me to have a closer look on how are you seeing your exported data? If you need help uploading  screenshot this post will serve as a reference.

I was testing the tool and I'm seeing each entry divided in cells, as the screenshot below demostrate:

Screeshot was took from my mobile phone and using Microsoft ExcelScreeshot was took from my mobile phone and using Microsoft Excel

So, I'm wondering which browser are you using? Also let me know which application also do you have as a default to open XLS files? Is it Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel?

It would not hurt to try to variate the applications you are using to export your data. In example: if you are using Google chrome try to change to Internet explorer or other web browser. If you are using Google Sheets, try to change to Microsoft Excel or viceversa.

Just a heads up, since the topic of your post is not related to third party integrations. I have relocated your post in our Fitbit.com Dashboard.

Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So your screenshot is exactly what I'm seeing. If you notice under the daily totals, the fat says "44 g" in C15. Fiber says "10 g" in C16. 

I'm plotting my total calories, fat, carbs, protein etc. over time. But you can't plot "10 g" because it's not a number, but a text string. It would be better if, looking at the fat example below, C15 was "44" as a number only, and then D15 had a g. 

Does this make sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JDamiano, sorry I was able to reply to your post until now. I see now what you are referring. In this case the export put the data along with the measurement unit in one cell. I was trying to find a workaround to share with you, but so far there is no option to divide this info in separate cells, unless you use a formula that allow you to separate text strings from numbers, however I understand doing this everytime is not the best solution.

I appreciate your feedback regarding this functionality and I will pass forward your comments to our teams to have in mind your request in future implementations.

See you around and thanks again for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes