Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Log: custom foods invisible

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Totally inconvenient. Since you have not entered food database of my country or countries nearby, I have entered myself several foods and all of a sudden they are disappeared from the database. Yet available from the recents listing. However, once outside, entering it as a search in the database - zero results. Yet again, when re-entering, it sais this food is already registered. So how the hell could I get it out when I need it? 🙂

Thx for help!

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I have noticed the same problem.  I create a new food and log it, and then the next time I eat that food it will not come up in the search results.  The only way to log it again is to go back to the last day I logged it (which I don't always remember) and click on it, which brings up the detailed food entry that then allows me to log it.  Or I can make it a "favorite" food, and then it shows up in the list of Favorites on the right side of the screen -- but this is not very convenient either because I don't necessarily want to make every food "favorite".  I have also realized that this only happens with recently created foods, as I have no problem searching for foods that I created a long time ago.

Best Answer

Same problem as you and the other poster who replied. Very frustrating. You can find these items by going into your custom foods (by clicking "Edit custom foods" on the right-hand side of the food log page) and selecting the item. Once on the item's page, you click 'log this item' and then you'll be able to use it.

I'd really like an explanation for why they've disappeared from the log drop-down where they used to always show up once added as a custom item. This is extremely inconvenient.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @KO1974! It's nice to see you around more often @Pfiga @SneakyPearse! Smiley HappyI'd like to know if you're still having issues with logging your food? If you are, can you let me know if you're seeing this on your mobile device or computer? 

Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Meylin,

Yes, I'm still having the same issue.  I only use my computer to log food, I don't use any apps on any other devices.

Thank you for looking into this, I appreciate your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Pfiga thanks for the update my friend! Smiley HappyThis is really weird, I just tried to create a new food and logged it and it appears on my database so I'd like to know which browser you're using?

Catch you later! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using Firefox on a Windows PC, but I have the same problem when using IE or the browser on my phone.

Just to check, I tried creating a new food now and then tried to log it again by typing it into the search box.  Strangely enough, it now appears.  Perhaps it was a temporary glitch that has somehow been resolved? The foods that I created during that time still don't appear, but at least it seems like any new foods that I create now should be fine.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Hey there @Pfiga thanks for the update! Smiley HappyI'm so glad to hear that my friend please know our developers worked hard to resolve this and I'm glad to know it's working now. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to make new friends and share your interests here at Fitbit.

Have a great day! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I can once again create custom foods and have them appear in the food log drop-down. However, like the other poster, any items I created during the problem-period are still not appearing. Thanks for checking in!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SneakyPearse glad to know you're now able to create custom foods please know our engineering team is working hard to resolve this and hopefully you all be able to create custom foods with any item you like soon.

Thanks for your patience, have a great week! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes