Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Friends Leaderboard not updating/updating slowly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/20/2018: This issue is now resolved. I'll be closing the thread for further response, please start a new thread if you experience any issues with your leaderboard. 

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone! We are almost back to normal, and hope to be soon, but you may see a slight delay with your friends leaderboard updating. Thanks again for your patience and reports.

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone! We made some updates that should help improve this issue. Please try syncing and logging out and back in. If you are still experiencing this issue please let me know. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. Thanks for your reports on the friend leaderboard not updating or updating slowly. I've reported this to our team and will let you know once I've heard further. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

My daily dashboard is updating when I sync my fitbit, but my 7 Day total does seem correct.  It’s almost 20,000 steps lower than the total I get when I add up all of my steps from the last 7 days. HELP!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.

Best Answer

Having same problem. Fitbit, PLZ fix and ensure this stops happening!

Best Answer

Yes, I am having the sane problem! My Fitbit weekly average seem to be stuck, and not updating! Fitbit Team, kindly help and fox the problem. Thank you. 

Best Answer

If this is the total you see on the Friends part of your Dashboard it's always 6 days plus the step activity today.  At midnight tonight the oldest day is cleared and the process starts again.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Seven day total does not match my friend list total.  Very frustrating and hope it resolves quickly.

Best Answer

@DylarinIf your 7 day total is always greater than the Friends total that's the way it's designed so that the  Challenges work effectively..

That's the only way you can get the Challenges to work otherwise there is no catching up or dropping behind, just daily totals enthuse no one in a challenge..

See my earlier post..

@Dylarin wrote:

Same problem here.  Seven day total does not match my friend list total.  Very frustrating and hope it resolves quickly.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue I’ve having is that if I add up the current day’s steps and the last 6 days it doesn’t equal what is appearing in the 7 day tally that appears with the list of my friends. Additional, if I go to the screen with the bar graph depicting each days step count, there is a 7 day total at the bottoms which also doesn’t equal the total that appears for me in my friend list. 

Best Answer

@Colinm39 I appreciate what you are saying but when I look at my "7 day total" on my dashboard and if, for example, it said 70,000, my friend ranking list should show the same.  It has always matched in the past and today it doesn't.

Best Answer

I have to agree with you..

I have just synced my trackers and as at posting all of the Trackers and the "today" totals agree as do the Dashboards on the Phone and the PC.  The seven day steps on both devices agree.. BUT, the Friends totals on the phone and PC are 591 steps ahead in my case.

Let's field a question to the Moderators...

@LanuzaFitbit  Are there any reported issues with the Friends totals that you know of...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as everyone else. Leaderboard not updating on either iOS or android apps. Tried all the suggested solutions and no success

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues as everyone else, steps not updated for over 2days on leaderboard and no notifications since mid June

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me. Has lasted two days so far....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. 

Apparently I've only done 8,434 steps over the past 7 days, yet I've done easily more than that every single day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem as everyone else. It's been going on all week. On mine it is not adding the current day's steps to the 7 day total, but is removing the day on the front end. Mine continues this process each day, so I have a 6 day total (not including current day). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried customer support for about 1/2 hour and gave up. My Charge 2 did a firmware update this morning. My weekly step total dropped over 10k steps and it is not including any steps for today at all on the web or on my phone. It is so easy, you just have to add it up, but they were not getting it.  Hopefully, they get this issue resolved. I am already not happy about the way it tracks the daily exercise. I can walk on the treadmill at 4.5 rpms for an hour and get active minutes, but no exercise minutes. It is discouraging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit not counting steps. Did sync several times - several hours apart.  Still no update. Is Fitbit computer not working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having the same problem and its incredibly frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes