Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

My runs have sections missing from the map. I can't work out why.

When I select exercise -- then run as the activity -- do I have to wait for the GPS arrow to stop spinning and then connect? If this is the case then the time I'm waiting is added to my run making the time per KM incorrect.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Rtimmis and welcome to the Community.  Yes, you should wait until your GPS connects before your start your run.  If you start your run before it connects, you will get a steps x stride length distance for that portion of your run and a GPS distance for the rest.

You also added on to a different thread.  I apologize if I misread what you wrote.  The Inspire 3 has connected GPS.  You must have your phone with you when you run.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Rtimmis and welcome to the Community.  Yes, you should wait until your GPS connects before your start your run.  If you start your run before it connects, you will get a steps x stride length distance for that portion of your run and a GPS distance for the rest.

You also added on to a different thread.  I apologize if I misread what you wrote.  The Inspire 3 has connected GPS.  You must have your phone with you when you run.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer