Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goals and cals allowed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone please advise......I set my plan so that I eat 500 cals under my output but it keeps advising me that I have x amount of cals left to eat taking me right up to my used cals.  I'm confused............

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HJP the number it shows you can eat has already accounted for the caloric deficit. For instance, you said you want a -500 deficit, so if Fitbit says you can eat 2,300 calories what it has done is taken your caloric burn that it estimated (2,800) and subtracted the deficit you selected (-500) so it shows you can eat 2,300 calories that day (assuming you do no additional exercise). If you do additional exercise or were just active that day it will bump up what you can eat. Fitbit (and others like MFP) adjust the amount you can eat so you always stay at roughly a consistent -500 (or whatever you selected) deficit for slow/smooth weightloss.

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@HJP the number it shows you can eat has already accounted for the caloric deficit. For instance, you said you want a -500 deficit, so if Fitbit says you can eat 2,300 calories what it has done is taken your caloric burn that it estimated (2,800) and subtracted the deficit you selected (-500) so it shows you can eat 2,300 calories that day (assuming you do no additional exercise). If you do additional exercise or were just active that day it will bump up what you can eat. Fitbit (and others like MFP) adjust the amount you can eat so you always stay at roughly a consistent -500 (or whatever you selected) deficit for slow/smooth weightloss.

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. That's helped H
Best Answer
0 Votes