Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Login forces logout every day

I switched to Google Login last year and since then, the Fitbit website logs me out every day and forces me to log in again. This is only happening on website browser (not the iOS app, which I also use).

I did a support chat and they claimed it was a problem with my browser and not the Fitbit website. They walked me through clearing browser data, verifying that cookies are enabled, restarting my computer, and testing in different browsers (checked both Chrome and Safari). When none of these fixed the problem, they suggested that I simply not use the browser dashboard and instead only use the app.

I prefer to do food logging on the website because entering in custom foods is easier on my computer than on my phone. Logging in every day isn't such an irritation that I'll stop using the website when its functionality better suits what I'm doing, but I can't believe Fitbit's attitude seems to be "the website is broken and we recommend not using it."

Has anyone else had this problem with Google Login and found a solution?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I also have this problem. In addition it takes more clicks to login using google. I prefer the website for logging food and activities and also for viewing data over time. 

Best Answer

Glad to have confirmation that it isn't just happening to me!

Best Answer

I also have the same issue since switching to Google Account login. Usually forces me to log in after 5-6 hours. I much prefer logging meals on a real keyboard instead of the app. I also have the extra step of selecting a Google account since I have a business one also.

Best Answer

I use Chrome.  I was getting unlogged before and now after switching to Google Logon.  Makes me really mad since I usually have to go into the Marketing first then select my Dashboard. 

Like y'all, it's a lot easier for me to enter my Intake here, in my Browser App.  On my Phone, I have to use a Stylus.  I'm 74 and my Fingers just don't work right on those itsy bitsy "Buttons."  Not sure I would be able to log my intake on my Phone.  It would take way too long.  And if I'm not logging, I would have to stop weighing.  And that's not healthy for me!!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

Even refreshing the page on a new day requires logging back in. This needs to be in a bug tracker and not just forums. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Fitbit-Online-Dashboard-keeps-logging-me-out/m-...

Best Answer

Sometimes I have to log in multiple times a day. I prefer the website when logging in weight or other things. I use my computer more than the app on my phone.  It is so annoying to have to constantly log in repeatedly.

Best Answer

I did not switch to Google login and I still get logged out of Fitbit.com daily; sometimes in the middle of logging food, etc.

Best Answer

I do have same problem in latest chrome. I do use also gmail, gdrive and google calendar. They stay logged in and no problems with them. Only Fitbit dashboard keeps bugging me several times in a day. I do not close my browser in the meantime.

I have switched to Google login, but the problem began earlier.

Best Answer

Have you tried reaching out to Fitbit's technical support again and specifically mentioning that the issue persists despite trying their suggestions? Sometimes a different support agent might have additional insights or solutions. Hang in there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did two separate chat sessions with Fitbit and didn't try for a 3rd. But now with the widespread problem of the website dashboard disappearing across browsers and devices, my suspicion is that Fitbit is just trying to push people off the website altogether and onto the apps. Which is unfortunate, since obviously there are a lot of people who prefer to use the website dashboard for various reasons.

Best Answer

I think you may be on to something.  I have wondered for some time about the "nag" notice on the top of the web page pointing people toward the app.  I have the app but prefer the dashboard; especially for logging food.

Thanks for confirming the disappearing dashboard as I've experienced that periodically too and thought maybe it was unique to my system/browser or an extension.

Best Answer