Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Error 1006 when accessing website

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my IP was banned yesterday, as soon as I set up my brand new Sense. I had not used my Fitbit app before in a few years and It happened half an hour after the setup. I cannot log in to the app, sync my Fitbit on my WiFi, nor access the website. This is the server message. I am fairly certain I have not done something I am not supposed to, as I have just started using the app. 

Error 1006Ray ID: 62884ceaebf90776 •2021-02-28 07:06:00 UTC Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.fitbit.com) has banned your IP address (92.236.235.97).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Eneekay, welcome to the Community Forums. @N8teGee, thanks for the heads up and @wade_t, thanks for your great help!

@Eneekay, thanks for the information and steps tried prior to posting, I'm sorry for this inconvenience. This issue seems to be related to your IP address and usually should resolve within 48 hours. If after that time frame you're still unable to access the website, please reply back with a screenshot of that error message so I can investigate on my end. For instructions to attach a picture in your reply, see this post

By the way, I've moved your post to the fitbit.com dashboard board so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community, and to keep our forums organized.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Eneekay welcome to the community.

Have you tried switching to mobile data and trying to access the app that way? This should at least give you a completely different IP address. If this works, then I'd recommend unplugging your home broadband router/modem for half an hour (hopefully this will force the lease of a new IP address).

From the IP address your posted it looks like your ISP is Virgin Media UK. I've just had a quick look on their user forums and although they are dynamic IP addresses, it's actually quite difficult to force a new one. Some users have had the same IP address for years. I guess you could contact them to ask if they can change your IP address. I'm also flagging this post for the attention of a Moderator to see if anything can be done on Fitbit's side. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Try restarting your router.

Best Answer

Many thanks for your response. To answer your question, it works fine on data and I am currently connected to a VPN which again works fine, as it's a different IP. I tried switching my IP by turning my router off and waiting for a while twice, but ended up on the same IP.

I am getting a new connection, so should have a new, very different IP, but that will be in a month's time. 

Best Answer

No worries!

Best Answer

Hi @Eneekay, welcome to the Community Forums. @N8teGee, thanks for the heads up and @wade_t, thanks for your great help!

@Eneekay, thanks for the information and steps tried prior to posting, I'm sorry for this inconvenience. This issue seems to be related to your IP address and usually should resolve within 48 hours. If after that time frame you're still unable to access the website, please reply back with a screenshot of that error message so I can investigate on my end. For instructions to attach a picture in your reply, see this post

By the way, I've moved your post to the fitbit.com dashboard board so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community, and to keep our forums organized.

Best Answer

Hi,

Thank you. I waited and at 48 hrs sharp it did resolve itself.

Best Answer

Hi @Eneekay, welcome back to the forums.

You're welcome! I'm glad this sorted out after 48 hours and thanks for keeping me posted. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes