Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartrate Graphs No Longer Available - web and android

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,
I am attempting to access the heartrate graphs for a deceased Fitbit user so his daughter can get a tattoo showing his heart problems. The device that user had been using is no longer available and we have discovered the heartrate data is only available with a synced device.

Is there a way to get HR data with no synced device?

If I were to sync my device with the deceased persons account, would the historical HR data still be from the deceased user?

Thank you,
Ken

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @LZeeW and thank you for the reply. What I wound up doing before noticing your response was I found the developer API's and set up an OAuth client to download the raw data.  Once I had that I used plotly and pandas to recreate the graphs using python.

Thank you for your condolences. We will certainly delete his account once we're sure we're done with it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @KenParsons and welcome to the Help forum.  I need to start by saying I have never done this before.  So this is all theory.  Before you put your device on his account, you must remove it from your account.  You should sync your device before removing it.  The next step would be to add the device to his account, using the + Set Up a Device.  Since you mention not being able to see data without a device, I think this means you know his account email address/password.  Once set up, I believe you will be able to see all the data.  Please don't be surprised if you see a calorie burn for every single day since his passing.  Fitbit adds this every day for BMR calories.  It's just in the programming.  No reason for alarm.

If this works and when you are confident that you are done with the account, you should delete the account.  Fitbit doesn't delete accounts for lack of activity.  It only deletes an account on request.

Please pass on condolences to the daughter.  

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @LZeeW and thank you for the reply. What I wound up doing before noticing your response was I found the developer API's and set up an OAuth client to download the raw data.  Once I had that I used plotly and pandas to recreate the graphs using python.

Thank you for your condolences. We will certainly delete his account once we're sure we're done with it.

Best Answer