Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Hourly activity goal issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Update 06/15/17: Engineers are actively working on this issue, and we hope to update you with good news soon.

Update 05/15/17: One fix caused another issue. This issue is not resolved and engineers are actively working on getting it fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out!

Update 05/09/17: This issue should now be resolved, and is a retroactive fix, so if you go backwards in your hourly activity graph, the correct dots should be filled in. Thanks so much for your patience!

Update 4/18/17: Engineers are still looking into a couple of complicated Hourly Activity Goal issues. Here are the issues we're aware of:

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the mobile app (iOS/Android/Windows) and Charge 2 or Blaze

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the fitbit.com desktop and Charge 2 or Blaze

If you're experiencing the above issues, please know our engineers are aware and working on this and we'll update you when we have anything to share. 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

It's not fixed. Happened to me yesterday.IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3331.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Callie!

It has been a month since your last update. You would think that your engineers would have figured it out by now. It is really frustrating! How are things coming along?

~Rita

Best Answer

@Cricket612 - you would think that, wouldn't you!? In fact, this issue in one form or another has been going on for over a year now. For a significant bug to go unresolved for that long without large software company fixing it seems unheard of to me. Now I've heard that "it's not the same issue" or whatever from Fitbit, but at the end of the day to the end user, it's the same issue - the hourly tracking goals Does. Not. Work. It seems like they've made many attempts, and one fix often breaks something else, but the bottom line is there is obviously a logic problem with their algorithms that calculate the hourly goals. Figure it out Fitbit!

Best Answer

Hi everyone. This time delay in resolving this issue is frustrating, I'm sure. I wish there was an easy fix, but unfortunately that's not the case with this one. Please check back to the first post in this thread for updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggest pinning this thread to the top of various Forums, at least Charge 2, so just maybe some people will see this before starting the 7 thousandth thread bringing up this same issue as if thinking nobody else knows about it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

This afternoon, I had a problem I have had on other days as well.  Specifically, my dashboard has failed to record my 2560 steps for an hour that my Fitbit Charge 2 says I got.  For example today, I got my 250 steps between 12 and 1 on my Charge 2 but not on my dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

More data. The 3-3:15pm slot shows more than 250 steps, as does my Blaze. But on the Android app and website, the 3pm dot is not illuminated.

Steps by 15 minutes 2017-06-20 15-00.PNG

Best Answer

Glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I look forward to it being resolved. Those missing dots drive me crazy lol. I live for the green at the end of the day and I work hard for it, but I keep getting robbed by the app Smiley Sad! LOL ok it's not the end of the world, but it is quite annoying and sometimes frustrating. 

Best Answer

I hope someone from Fitbit reads this post. Through trial and error and testing; I have found the app is looking for around 350 steps to complete the hourly goal; whilst the actual Fitbit is only looking for 250. 

If if anyone else is like me and gets up and walks around after your get the notification that you have 10 mins to get your steps and then sits back down to work as soon as your Fitbit congratulates you; you are only satisfying your watch and not the app.  The app needs to be reprogrammed to only require 250 like the Fitbit. 

Best Answer

You've confirmed what many have already posted about a count of 350 steps

Best Answer

Now we just need someone from Fitbit to read these posts and fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not found that it is extra steps it is looking for, just extra time. Or a kick in the head.

If I hit 250 early and sit at my desk, it may not count it right away, but probably will later in the hour. It is when I am alerted to 10 minutes left that I usually have problems with the 250. And in that case, I've found it may pick up the completion without extra steps if I pull down to force another sync. If that doesn't work, I kill the app, relaunch it, and force a sync. That will usually, but not always, get it to recognize the 250. Getting a few more steps does seem to help, but I think that may just be that there was time to get extra steps, allowing a sync to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue still being worked on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem here in U.K. Is not solved. Still not registering any activity. Not a happy camper 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Charge 2, everything is up to date and this has happened 3 times since I got it. Why isn't this fixed yet?  It is frustrating when you get something brand new and it doesn't work properly. 

Best Answer

What an amateur outfit.

First device ChargeHR fell apart. Replacement didn't sync properly and following an upgraded device Charge2 still problems with the app not showing the correct details.

Everyone should get a full refund and will never recommend Fitbit as everything is just a load of rubbish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand this can be frustrating @Fittobetied60 as to why this is not fixed. Well Fitbit thought they did have a fix but it only fixed some users. The problem is in finding why it only affects some and not all, then find a fix that doesbt cause more problems.  Then test, test, test, then release the fix, of course we as fellow users really do not know the status of the situation. 

Best Answer
I am happy to report Activity Tracking is now functioning. I'll take it all back. Fitbit delivered. Happy camper now. Thanks also to Carlos on the help desk for resolving a few other issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tommo1968 @Shy-Twy Thanks for stopping by!

@Tommo1968 Sorry about your frustration up to this point. There has been many changes done thanks to the direct feedback we have received from our customers as you can see with the interchangeable wristbands on your new Charge 2. Since this issue is from the software part it should be easier to resolve so I can only ask for your patience while this is done.

@Shy-Twy Happy to hear that support was able to assist you with your issue!

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been a known issue for a year????  Serious?  I'm having second thoughts about keeping my Fitbit.  Either the code is so bad that a resolution can't be found or Fitbit doesn't care much about the functionality of their products.  Either way this looks bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes