Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Hourly activity goal issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Update 06/15/17: Engineers are actively working on this issue, and we hope to update you with good news soon.

Update 05/15/17: One fix caused another issue. This issue is not resolved and engineers are actively working on getting it fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out!

Update 05/09/17: This issue should now be resolved, and is a retroactive fix, so if you go backwards in your hourly activity graph, the correct dots should be filled in. Thanks so much for your patience!

Update 4/18/17: Engineers are still looking into a couple of complicated Hourly Activity Goal issues. Here are the issues we're aware of:

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the mobile app (iOS/Android/Windows) and Charge 2 or Blaze

-Hourly activity dots don't match up on the fitbit.com desktop and Charge 2 or Blaze

If you're experiencing the above issues, please know our engineers are aware and working on this and we'll update you when we have anything to share. 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317
Do you think Fitbit monitors this and responds or are we just writing to bring up complaints?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The moderator does watch, read and responds.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was showing my steps for not Alta and HR until the last two days and now my dashboard has been wiped almost completely out. Almost all days are ZERO. It says I never moved yesterday. I got 7900 steps but never met the 250 am hour ????

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's very similar to what's happening with me,too. Very frustrating when you know you did the steps and they don't show.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding - good to know. No response yet though. So will wait ....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help. I've just read that the issue has been resolved but my charge 2 and dashboard are showing different counts. Today my  charge 2 is showing 10 out of 12 hours active so far but the dashboard has 9 out of 12.  This also happened to me last week as well and the discrepancy never corrected itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not fixed. I need to get 400 steps before the IOS app counts the hour as complete, but the Charge 2 only needs 250 to complete the hour.  Seems like the app needs the goals corrected. Smh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I ran 6 miles starting at 11:09 am. My hourly activity says I didn't take 250 steps for 11:00 or 12:00.  This is very frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have recently purchased a Fitbit Flex 2, as in two days ago, and my hourly activity is not updating at all. 

Any help?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta still won't record my hourly activity goal on my app even after restarting and you say the issue is fixed now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I have been all over town all day - should show active since 8 am - I show 8, 9, 4, and 5 - big issue here - went 4.7 miles 8-9 with HR, and wore it until 11 am - then put on Alta and went shopping and lunch out with mom -1-2 and 4-5 were my least active, and funny 4-5 shows as meeting goal. But the data for weeks and weeks has ALL been erased as well -

Best Answer

As of right now, my hourly activity seems accurate for today and yesterday, however, all of my data from any day prior has been wiped out. I'm sure I'll be waking up to the same problem though bc it doesn't seem like the issue has been resolved for many. I have the Flex and Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with my Charge 2 and Alta 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the blaze paired with my iPhone. I have the most recent updates for both my Fitbit and the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Charge HR, Charge 2 HR, and One (rarely used) paired to my account.

I'm finding when I wear the Charge HR, activity dots don't update, and/or, they show up, but then disappear. Dots work fine with Charge 2 HR.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Blaze. It's 12:29pm and my Fitbit shows I've made the steps but my app still hasn't updated even a minute later at 12:30pm so it's not just the 10 minutes before for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just started having this issue today. Bought new charge 2 on 4/8/17 and this is first time I have noticed the issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've written extensively about this on the other thread mentioned by others.  I have a FitBit Blaze on firmware 17.8.401.3 and the latest Android App (2.48 updated on 1 May).  I know this thread is about the iPhone app as is the other thread.  I didn't notice that at first since the symptoms are identical.  In my experience, the problem is the app.  The watch seems to count correctly according to my experiments.  The app does not.

The Android App and iPhone App appear to have the identical problem that steps at the top of the hour (within the first couple minutes) are sometimes (or always?) counted against the previous hour.  I've seen hours where according to my watch and according to my own count, I didn't get 250 steps in the hour.  But due to walking in the first 2-3 minutes of the next hour, I got the dot on the app but not on the watch.  The watch was correct.  Much more often, I get the dot on my watch (as I should) but I don't get the dot on the app, because steps at the top of the hour were counted against the previous hour.

If I only walk between five after the hour through one minute before the next hour, I never see any disagreement between my watch and the app.  This is with the Android App, but it seems identical to what others report with the iPhone App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta and a Charge 2.

my charge 2 will correctly update the 250 steps on the dashboard app. The alta does not (even though it correctly tracks it on the tracker itself.)

Best Answer
0 Votes