Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share all of my foods list with another user?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I are both logging foods and I have quite a list of foods but he doesnt.  Can I share my entire list with him?  We do not always eat the same thing so him just using what I logged that day is not working for us.

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

If you mean foods or meals that you have created, you can't share those. They are tied to your personal account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if you can't share foods...why does it show "Shared Foods - no foods found" when I click on "edit my foods" under favorites?  I just came across that and was wondering.... oooo!  How do I share foods?  But then found this thread in the forum saying u can't share.  Now I'm confused...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just answered my own question by finding this:

HOW DO I SHARE FOODS WITH OTHER USERS?

As a Fitbit user you can share food entries with any of your Fitbit friends or even the whole Fitbit community.

• To share food with your friends, you'll need to make your food log visible to "friends" or "anyone" within your privacy settings. You can find your privacy settings by going to www.fitbit.com/user/profile/privacy.
  • From this screen, you can also choose to keep food entries private by choosing that they only be visible to you.

Any Fitbit user can view and log foods that another user has already logged, provided the permissions are set as described above. Food sharing is particularly useful if you shared a meal with a Fitbit friend, so that you don't have to both log the food independently of one another.

To log the foods that another user has shared with you:

1. On your fitbit.com dashboard, go to your Fitbit friends list.
  2. Click your friend's profile picture.
  3. Select the Food tab, then click on whichever food item you'd like to log. This will pull up nutritional information about that food item, along with a link labeled Log This Food to the right.
  4. Click this button to add the food item to your own food log.
  5. From here, you will see an option to edit the quantity and time, which can be used if one person ate more than the other or took some home for a snack.
  6. After clicking Log, the item will be added to your Food Log.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-track-my-calories-make-a-food-plan-and-...

Best Answer

I used to do the food sharing this way all the time. Now it won't work. Clicking the profile pic does nothing. Clicking the friend's name/initials bring sme to their profile - but no "Food" tab. Our permissions are set for sharing food. What is going on with the Fitbit software? Did they remove this functionality? Everywhere I search this topic, the experts are saying it's not possible. I used to do it all the time...

Anyone getting this to work?

Best Answer

@schpink Welcome to the Fitbit Community! This option is not available anymore. However, I was checking the Feature Requests Board and was able to find this suggestions which is asking for the same. Feel free to add your vote and comments to the idea!

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why would this option be removed? Also, since it is no longer valid, how about removing the thread so people don't try things that no longer work, or at least put a notice on your main PDF so Google will find it rather than having to search all the community pages. Another Fitbit fail...
Best Answer

No votes for you talula,  where on the dashboard is a friends list ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@billyfitbobbit Welcome to the Fitbit family! To find the friends list on the Fitbit's Android app; please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap "Account" on the top right corner of the main dashboard.
  • Tap your profile picture you will find at the top of that screen.
  • Swipe down to see the friends list. Tap "View all friends" to see them all.
  • If you want to add any new friends, tap on "Add friends" and follow the instructions given.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have checked for a setting that allows sharing of food log or food lists in both apps, Android, and website. I see no such option.  If it was there, it's gone now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit seems to be ignoring any kind of feedback. They've taken away this and other options like the auto-rotate feature.  Now I have to look at the app on my tablet in portrait mode.  Thanks a lot, Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me as well.  I know I've exercised every day during the week and have met my step goal, have been wearing my Charge 2 and it has synced but the day's numbers don't show up in my weekly progress report which is totally annoying! I normally sync it right before I go to bed each evening. I'd love to know how to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

.......I think it may be a cross platform issue, shouldn’t make any difference syncing through 3 devices, Windows, Android or Apple but somewhere data chunks are going AWOL.

It’s either that or a problem with “notifications” randomly switching off trashing the sync’ process.

Luckily for proper runs, cycling and gym work I wear a Forerunner so I’ve got the important data safe.

A reply from Fitbit would be nice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So why was this functionality removed? The link you suggest shows that it is not planned to be implemented. Don't understand this at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make this happen. My wife and I eat the same thing. This is stupid if we can't share our meals. Get this done.

Best Answer

We agree. If l enter all the food as a meal why cant my husband just copy it from me

Best Answer

I agree with the last two.  Get it done or people will go elsewhere.  I am getting ready to have this conversation with my sister who loves what she can do on loseit.com.

Best Answer

Until this feature is restored, I suggest using the MyFitnessPal app for your food entry.  You can shared it with others.  Then cross-sync so fitbit app pulls in the food data (in summary) from the MyFitnessPal app.

Best Answer

Talula44
Re: sharing food items:

I’m sorry, I’ve been all over my Fitbit dashboard both in browser and the app.and I can’t find any of the settings/features you refer to. This must be for a much older version. FRUSTRATING!

Best Answer