Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter a new exercise?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a new user, and a bit confused about logging exercise with a Charge 2.  When I am at the Gym....I start and end Weights on the fitbit...which seems to work.  If I use a stationary bike, and start and end the Bike option....I get no steps, no distance, and a much lower calorie count than if I use myfitnesspal.  If I enter the time as stationary bike on myfitnesspal....I get steps, etc.....but that kind of negates the need for the fitbit if I have to go there to enter the exercise.

Also....I frequently use a NuStep, a recumbent cross trainer for upper and lower body....have no idea how to track that one???

I also can't find an option to track stretching??

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@AZCatLady wrote:

I am a new user, and a bit confused about logging exercise with a Charge 2.  When I am at the Gym....I start and end Weights on the fitbit...which seems to work.  If I use a stationary bike, and start and end the Bike option....I get no steps, no distance, and a much lower calorie count than if I use myfitnesspal.  If I enter the time as stationary bike on myfitnesspal....I get steps, etc.....but that kind of negates the need for the fitbit if I have to go there to enter the exercise.

Also....I frequently use a NuStep, a recumbent cross trainer for upper and lower body....have no idea how to track that one???

I also can't find an option to track stretching??

Hi @AZCatLady,

For stationary bike, the best option is to use Spinning. If it's not on your tracker, you may need to add it through the settings in the app. As far as NuStep, I would use the Workout mode, which is for most anything that doesn't fit in another category.

The calories counts between MFP and Fitbit may not match, as the Charge 2 takes into account your actual heart rate during exercise, while MFP estimates it based on some type of average for calories burned. I would trust the Charge 2 over MFP, but it may be different for you.

For stretching, I would use the Yoga option, which works well for low intensity exercise. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes