Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I force sync on my Mac

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my PC, which is what I normally use for my fitbit activities (Zip), I can force sync using the Connect icon near the date/ time - but as I am travelling for 2 weeks I wanted to sync on my Mac in case I lost data. It has not synchronized automatically and I wanted to force sync. I cannot see a Connect icon on the Mac but it does recognize my account as well as the last sync data (recorded on the PC) but nothing since. Dongle is plugged in & Zip activated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi here @estiman. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

On your Mac, just open the Fitbit Connect Software and whenever it's open, you should have two options, one saying "Set up a new device" and another saying "Sync now". Choose the latter and it should automatically recognize your tracker and should sync it to your dashboard. Once it's done syncing, you can click on "Go to fitbit.com" and there you will be able to see all your information on your dashboard.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @estiman

Have moved this thread from the Zip to the Fitbit.com Dashboard section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi here @estiman. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

On your Mac, just open the Fitbit Connect Software and whenever it's open, you should have two options, one saying "Set up a new device" and another saying "Sync now". Choose the latter and it should automatically recognize your tracker and should sync it to your dashboard. Once it's done syncing, you can click on "Go to fitbit.com" and there you will be able to see all your information on your dashboard.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Best Answer

Hi FerdinandFitbit,

Thanks for your reply - the problem is that I don't see a way to open the Fitbit Connect. On my PC there is the icon by the date/time and I can then do exactly as you suggest. It's just that I can't get to that stage...! Any suggestions?

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good to have you in the Community, @estiman. If you've tried what @FerdinandFitbit recommended, and you can't find your Fitbit Connect icon, I recommend trying the set up process again: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

Let me know if this helps! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @estiman 😄

If doing what @SilvanaFitbit suggested doesn't work, you could try going into your apps folder from your finder and to drag the program icon to the dock and wait for the icons in the dock to move to make room for the new icon. To remove it from the dock, just drag it off of the dock. This as a workaround. Of if you wish, just open it from your apps folder on your finder window.

Let us know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, sorry I haven't got back sooner.  I thought it hadn't worked and gave up for a while.  Tried again now and success.  Smiley Very Happy Your solution good - just the one carrying it out (me) not so good. Stll, success now. Thanks again Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @estiman! Thanks for getting back!

I'm happy to hear that it's now working for you! 😄

Anything else you may need, be sure to let us know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me.  When I did this, I was told to turn on Bluetooth; I checked and Bluetooth IS on, on my iPhone AND on my Mac.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Okaipis   You added on to a very old thread.  What OS is on your Mac?  Fitbit Connect hasn't been updated in a few years.  It doesn't work with OS Catalina or Big Sur.  What model Fitbit do you use?  The newer Fitbits aren't compatible with Fitbit Connect and you must use your iPhone.  Your iPhone must be able to support iOS 13 or higher.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes