Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I post a comment in a Community thread?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was looking to get into some topics but I do not understand how to reply? 😞  I see reply next to vote in a users post, but how do I just reply/post a comment in a topic with out replying to someone specifically?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

~ james
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it alerts everyone in the thread, but each user can choose whether or not to get those alerts, though I guess the default is to get them.  When you post, it "subscribes" you to that thread and you get notice to any new post in "subscribed thread".  Or at least I think that is how it works. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Most people just reply to the last post in the thread.  It just looks like a continuation of the topic without being obvious as a reply to certain post.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

got it, so it wont alert that specific person that i replied just to them, as i just did here ? 😉

i hate to alert someone just for a general topic reply

~ james
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it alerts everyone in the thread, but each user can choose whether or not to get those alerts, though I guess the default is to get them.  When you post, it "subscribes" you to that thread and you get notice to any new post in "subscribed thread".  Or at least I think that is how it works. 

Best Answer

So I just did "reply" to my own post, but you probably got an alert for each post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yea , wow, i got 3 email alerts, i guess i will be selective on replying to post here, thanks for the help.

~ james
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your choice, but I'd say feel free to contribute anytime.  If people want, they can ignore them, or turn them off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, couldn’t figure out where ‘to post about my specific topic, Luxe sync issues.  But I wanted to post this maybe it will help others. My Luxe sync has been awful, taking forever and most times not synching. I tried all the troubleshooting posted, nothing worked. I was hesitant to remove/redo the app fearing I would lose my data. But I did it anyways, but before I did, I was able to get it synced one last time (after several tries), I logged out of my account, deleted the app and downloaded it again. It worked, I logged back into my account, all my data was there and it’s syncing fine now. Good luck all who have had the same issue. 

Best Answer