Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print reports?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to print reports of Fitbit data. How do I do this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @jwren, welcome aboard to our community. Note that there is not an specific option that allow you to print your reports. However you can export some of your data as CSV or XLS file format to print later. You can find this by going to your online Dashboard and then to your account settings. In the left menu you will see "Data Export". Here you will be able to export your data per week, month or customize the dates that you want. Something that I do as a workaround, is print the weekly report that I received on my email too every week.

export.png

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hello @jwren, welcome aboard to our community. Note that there is not an specific option that allow you to print your reports. However you can export some of your data as CSV or XLS file format to print later. You can find this by going to your online Dashboard and then to your account settings. In the left menu you will see "Data Export". Here you will be able to export your data per week, month or customize the dates that you want. Something that I do as a workaround, is print the weekly report that I received on my email too every week.

export.png

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

This is useless. I just tried to export my sleep log, and alI I saw was bunch off mest up of numbers. Why does it give your sleep time by munities only and not hours. It does not give you the time you went bed, the time you waked up, your awake/restless sleep time and Time to fall asleep.

This is what I got...

DateMinutes AsleepMinutes AwakeNumber of AwakeningsTime in Bed
2016-03-1939723400
Best Answer

I agree, what's the point of this data export if it omits time to fall asleep, times restless and even when you started and stopped the sleep timer? Not exporting the points in time *when* you were restless or awake is almost understandable, even if I would have appreciated that. At least the "awake" times.

That you can't export anything more than the current month and the month before is another serious drawback.

Ideally, we should be able to export or at least print the diagrams, which should in turn be at least as detailed and well made in the online dashboard as in the smartphone app.

I wish I could export everything straight from there...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Gudmund! I hope you enjoy your time in here.

We truly appreciate that you take the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback. While exporting data in the way that you described is not possible at this time, I'd suggest that you create a post on our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can voice their support by voting and commenting on your suggestion.

Hope to see you around the Forums! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

It should be noted that on the new Dashboard, the appropriate button is now at the *RIGHT* top corner.

Best Answer

Hello @ChuckK, thanks for joining the Forums.

Thank you very much for bringing that up! It's definitely something worth mentioning.

Hope to see you around the Community. If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are the reports then emailed? It says downloadable file but I see nothing in my downloads, pertaining to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

DV: I've tried to download my reports again today, and am not having any luck either. Maybe one of the Mods can check with Corporate?

Chuck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChuckK and @DV7532!

The report downloading feature is currently not working. It seems to be an issue with the site itself. Our team is fully aware of this. Whenever we do have an update we will be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

I see the answer but I am interested in heart rates. I want to know how much cardio a get over a period of 1 year. I cannot find a way to get that. thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know of any way to directly download heart rates, but sleep and activity levels will give you at least a relative ratio of activity levels: sleep vs sedentary vs mild/mod/very active times.

Part of the problem with asking for heart rate values is 'what time frame are you looking for?' Asking for peak and average heart rates for each day is most likely practical, but anything finer than that would most likely be limited to documenting periods of recognized and measured exercise.

(there are studies questioning the absolute accuracy of *all* wrist type exercise monitoring devices compared to full scientific protocols in measuring activity levels, but the FitBit Surge was one of the best at reading heart rates of all devices NOT using electro cardiograpic (chest band) measurements.)

Currently, it is possible to go back and download up to 31 day  blocks of information back to Jan 1 2017, so that gives you the first six months of this year.

I was downloading weekly summaries while I was in the VA's MOVE program, but I'll be doing the downloads monthly for the next few months. Keeping track of weekly activity levels vs calorie intake is, in my opinion, perhaps the best way of monitoring weight loss.

ck (retired physician and CPA candidate)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ChuckK@pier10 Welcome to the Forums! 

At this moment there is no way to export HR information from the dashboard itself. Because of this there is no official way to do it.

Having said that, @SquashPlayer has posted about a way to do it. Please keep in mind that this is not developed by Fitbit.

Hope you find this useful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to print heart rate data but it does not give me that option on downloads.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the Community @DaveOP.

At the time it is not possible to download HR data in any way, aside from the non-official way I posted above. 

Perhaps you could chime into this suggestion to export HR data and show your support by voting and commenting on it.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice, but this route won't work,  I don't think, for a food journal ... as the meal icon is not included in the emails...

Any thoughts on how I might be able to print out all my food entries?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Amazon_alto.

At this moment we do not have that option. You could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could comment and vote on the suggestion to show your support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not the same thing I see when I click on the dashboard of my Fitbit App.  There is no "export data" on the list.  Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lynne-FL.

I'll be happy to answer your question on the matter.

The option to export the GPS data from the activities is only possible in the web version of the Dashboard and not directly on the app itself.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the information. After posting, I actually figured it out by going to Fitbit.com and signing on to the different version there. So thanks for replying. Lynne

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer