Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update the data for an exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit died while I was on a walk. Another app tracked the walk. When I manually log the exercise, I am unable to add the pace for each mile or my heart rate. This is causing the calories burned to be incorrect. Before it died it captured some of the details but they are incomplete.  

My Fitbit is sync'd with MyFitnessPal. The inaccurate calories are causing MFP to inaccurately calculate my Net Calories. 

1. Is there a way to update the incomplete entry? 

2. Is there a way to add the additional details so that the entry is accurate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@r2coder Thank you for your reply and feedback.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

As you are wearing an Ionic, it will log your heart rate when synced. But even if the hear rate is tracked and synced it cannot be edited. There is no way at this time to log or edit the heart rate. 

Hopefully I explained it better this time. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@r2coder Nice to see you here. Thank you for your message and efforts. 

When you log an activity you are able to log your starting time, length of it and calories burned. At this time there is no possibility to log a heart rate without a capable Fitbit. 

You could either edit or delete the activity you logged manually and add another one. 

More about this, can be found here: How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). 

If a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their suggestion and add your comments. 

Thanks for your feedback and for participating in our community!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello.

Thank you for your response.

Re: “ there is no possibility to log a heart rate without a capable Fitbit. ”

I have the Fitbit Ionic. How do I update the heart rate data given I have a capable Fitbit?

Thank you.

Rayvn

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JuanFitbit 

Thank you for the speedy response.  FYI - The URLs you reference were not helpful- which is why I decided to post my question in the forum.  

re: “At this time there is no possibility to log a heart rate without a capable Fitbit.”

I wear the Fitbit ionic. Can you share how I can update/edit the heart rate since I wear a capable Fitbit?

thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@r2coder Thank you for your reply and feedback.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

As you are wearing an Ionic, it will log your heart rate when synced. But even if the hear rate is tracked and synced it cannot be edited. There is no way at this time to log or edit the heart rate. 

Hopefully I explained it better this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @JuanFitbit. I appreciate your assistance. 

Best Answer

This doesn't work. I can delete an activity, but not edit it. Today I forgot to turn off my Fitbit when I was done. So now I can either have 71 minutes or 0 minutes, I can't edit it to 30.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mvbellamy

This has been my finding and a limitation of the app.  What type of activity was it?

in general you can edit activities via the mobile app (iPhone).  There are three circles (ooo) in the upper right corner of the interface when you are on the activity details view. Touching this icon will surface options for edit exercise. So if you wanted to update the start or end times of a walk or the distance - this is possible.  You cannot edit anything else for a walk captured by your Fitbit. The other option is to log a new activity and manually enter the details.  Again there are limitations re: the data you can enter based on the activity. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer