Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many exact calories burned is Fitbit tracking?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to know the exact calories Fitbit is assigning to make sure it matches with another app I use that is linked to fitbit, where can I find that? I do not like this constant changing throughout the day. Just give me a number

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

How does Fitbit estimate how many calories I've burned? article.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thank you. I am looking for the exact calories they calculated. Fitbit
seems to give run around answers other than the exact one. I don't want
changing figures through out the day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lioness3  you will get changing figures throughout the day. If you take a walk for a half hour, that time frame would show more calories burned than if you sat down at your table to sip on some tea. It's ever changing. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I know, not what I am looking for which is why I use another app that
tells you straight figures. I want to know what fitbit is starting off
with. I don't want to earn calories which is a useless way to manage
calories and macros.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lioness3. Welcome back to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13 Thanks for your great help!

Thanks for your question and as you may know, the calories displayed on your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app sum the calories burned during your activities and the basal metabolic rate (BMR), which is the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions. The BMR is calculated based on your personal demographics and will be recorded even before getting up of bed, until midnight before they reset.

That being said, if you want to know the amount of activity calories burned on a specific day, you can check the times before waking up and take note of the calories burned from BMR. Use your Fitbit device throughout the day and before going to sleep, sync with the Fitbit app to check how many calories were added and substract them from BMR. You can then compare those calories with the ones recorded on your other app.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer