Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Check Mileage Tracking in Walk

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get my FitBit to track the miles automatically? It tracks the steps taken but not the miles. I need the miles.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@YuleBrenner   Fitbit has two ways to record activities.  SmartTrack automatically recognizes certain activities.  The exercise details give the steps, but do not give a distance.  The Exercise app does give a distance.  It sounds like you are using SmartTrack.

Some trackers only have SmartTrack.  Some trackers have SmartTrack and the Exercise app.  This is why we are asking what tracker you have -- Versa, Charge 3, Inspire/Inspire HR?  With that information, we can help you get the most from your Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi, @YuleBrenner! I'm a little confused. Fitbit converts your steps to miles (or km) automatically. Where are you not seeing the distance walked?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

It would also help if we knew what tracker you are using

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

the default fit bit tracker I guess

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my FitBit watch it doesn't list the distance. 

It does record the mileage in bulk on the dashboard. But, I would like to see how many miles I am doing on my ruck/walks. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Best Answer

@YuleBrenner, if you look at the help page, you will see that there are quite a few models. Each one has an instruction manual if you click on them. Generally, you either swipe down or tap on your screen to cycle through the different stats.

Best Answer

@YuleBrenner  It's important we know your Fitbit model.

On my Ionic, when I swipe up from the clock face to show the stats, when I swipe right to left I see Distance etc...

Are using the Walk exercise from your Fitbit. ?

@YuleBrenner wrote:

In my FitBit watch it doesn't list the distance. 

It does record the mileage in bulk on the dashboard. But, I would like to see how many miles I am doing on my ruck/walks. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Yes I use the automatic walk exercise. When I swipe it on my FitBit, to where it says "Walk", there is no data listed in the "distance".

I would like to know how many miles I am walking.

Best Answer
Ahh, you're referring to the activity in the app. All you need to do is tap on the activity and the distance will be in the details. It's been a glitch for a year or two that the distance doesn't show on the summary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

in the app it lists the steps but nothing for the miles

Best Answer

Did you look in the details as I suggested?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it has bulk miles. But I want miles specifically for each walk and it doesn't seem to do that. I only has the steps walked.

Best Answer

The details for each specific activity give you the miles for that activity. The summary for your day gives you the total miles for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MakMak@Colinm39 and @WendyB. Welcome to the Forums @YuleBrenner.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for being around to help everyone and thanks to @YuleBrenner for sharing more details on your Fitbit and the situation.

@YuleBrenner In addition to what @MakMak has mentioned, you should be able to get specific details for each walk by going to your activity log. You can click here to see the activity log on your Dashboard.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YuleBrenner   Fitbit has two ways to record activities.  SmartTrack automatically recognizes certain activities.  The exercise details give the steps, but do not give a distance.  The Exercise app does give a distance.  It sounds like you are using SmartTrack.

Some trackers only have SmartTrack.  Some trackers have SmartTrack and the Exercise app.  This is why we are asking what tracker you have -- Versa, Charge 3, Inspire/Inspire HR?  With that information, we can help you get the most from your Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Mine too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My Charge 3 unit shows an NA under the activity distance on my PC and no mention of it per exercise/activity in the Android App.  It only shows total distance for the day in (Mi)  Is this a current bug?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@L-FilesIt always been a pain with the NA.. When I want to see distance I use the Activity Record(1) icon at the bottom of your PC screen. It's non destructive and gives you what you want..

If you need to see the graph just click the small stopwatch icon (2)

NA distance.jpg

@L-Files wrote:

Hello,

My Charge 3 unit shows an NA under the activity distance on my PC and no mention of it per exercise/activity in the Android App.  It only shows total distance for the day in (Mi)  Is this a current bug?

Thanks!

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hi Thanks for the assistance.

It's really odd.  When i attempt to break it out like that (using stopwatch on bottom of screen) the (MI) is incorrect (and time is at AM as well but logged correctly above.) and then changes my steps to an incorrect amount.  Also the stopwatch icon never appears up in the log listing.  I ended up deleting my original entry by accident and had to re-input manually guesstimating the mileage.  I would need to show you what is going on in real time.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought?

Do you think premium vs non-premium would change how the software logging behaves?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes