Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Custom Food (or mael) using items in Frequent?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I go to Log Food, I can add from Frequent, Recent and Custom.
I want to create a Custom Food, say a sandwich, so then I can just add that sandwich for lunch and not have to add all the pieces (ie, bread, filling and so on). BUT when I add the bread, or filling, say turkey, I expect it would recognize what I'm adding and put in the weight and other nutrition facts from the Frequent or Recent lists.

Am I missing something? When I create a Custom Food, do I have to enter all the data for each ingredient - that is already in the Frequent list?

If so, is there an other way to 'create' say, a sandwich or a meal I have often without having to list each item individually?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@sag621 -

Using the web interface, you can create a meal and when you add the meal all of the components of the meal will be "exploded" and be added to the appropriate meal time you select.

I have done that with the Chipotle burrito bowl ingredients that are in the Fitbit database, to include the chips and salsa I always get and my favorite beverage.

I just have to select "Chipotle Bowl" in the Custom meals section of the app (scroll all the way down), review it just like a regular item, select "Save" and bingo, they are there - all 6 individual items.

And if I had a different beverage or even doubled up the chicken, the individual elements of the meal are there for me to modify.

I don't see why it wouldn't work for custom sandwiches.

Again - welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes