Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've read through the boards and facebook posts and still can't get my sleepwalking 30K steps to delete from my total steps.  I created an activing "driving" during the 3:05-3:15 AM time period that the steps were added and it moved the steps into that activity.  But the total for the day still retains those steps.  How do I delete them from my total?  I am in a challenge that uses my fitbit steps and this is causing a problem with the fake steps.  At the time of the sleepwalking, I was wearing my Inspire 2.  On my other wrist I was wearing my Galaxy Active Watch2 which didn't show me sleepwalking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JoyceHoffman,

Well, let me show you what I see on my end.  This is my step graph today including my treadmill activity from 9:30 to 10:30:

PureEvil_0-1621201089990.png

Okay, once you're on the form DO NOT click on the activity record button, instead type on the search button below that for driving, wait until it finds it (you should see "Driving +") and click on it.  Enter the star time and duration, this is what it looks like for me:

PureEvil_1-1621201514084.png

The fact that you have the activity record icon (the little stopwatch) tells me that you did it the other way.  Once I did this, it correctly removed all the steps that I had between 10am and 10:30am, like this:

PureEvil_2-1621201629846.png

So it definitely works, it's just really subtle and temperamental.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @JoyceHoffman,

This is really subtle, but it works:

1. Go to your activities page:  https://www.fitbit.com/activities
  2. Go to the bottom of the page.
  3. Type "driving", wait until you get the "driving +" option, and select it.
  4. Enter your start time and duration.

It'll look like this:

PureEvil_1-1621192896643.png

I just tried it.  It works.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I tried this and it separates the steps into two activities but the total step count remains too high.

JoyceHoffman_0-1621194224728.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoyceHoffman,

Well, let me show you what I see on my end.  This is my step graph today including my treadmill activity from 9:30 to 10:30:

PureEvil_0-1621201089990.png

Okay, once you're on the form DO NOT click on the activity record button, instead type on the search button below that for driving, wait until it finds it (you should see "Driving +") and click on it.  Enter the star time and duration, this is what it looks like for me:

PureEvil_1-1621201514084.png

The fact that you have the activity record icon (the little stopwatch) tells me that you did it the other way.  Once I did this, it correctly removed all the steps that I had between 10am and 10:30am, like this:

PureEvil_2-1621201629846.png

So it definitely works, it's just really subtle and temperamental.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was it.  Thanks so much.  had tried to add an activity record rather than just search for it.  Now my steps are the correct number.

Best Answer