Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log martial arts sparring?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My studio has recently picked up sparring again, and there's pretty much no way I can wear a watch while going against someone. It's definitely more intense than a normal practice, but I'm unsure of how to log it after the fact. Any tips? I usually just log martial arts and put the intensity up a little, but I have zero idea how accurate it really is. 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @miaangulo06 and welcome to the Help forum.  What do you think of this idea?  If your Fitbit has an Exercise app, use the Martial Arts shortcut and make some recordings sparring against an imaginary opponent.  Make the intensity as real as possible.  You will get a better idea of how many calories you burn.  Better than pulling a number out of the air.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @miaangulo06 and welcome to the Help forum.  What do you think of this idea?  If your Fitbit has an Exercise app, use the Martial Arts shortcut and make some recordings sparring against an imaginary opponent.  Make the intensity as real as possible.  You will get a better idea of how many calories you burn.  Better than pulling a number out of the air.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Yea, that seems like a great idea! I may try that when I have the time, or
record the practice before we go against an opponent. Thank you!
Best Answer