Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post daily steps if no wifi?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have lost wifi and walking 20,000 steps or more daily.  Waiting for a new router.  How do I post daily steps?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, you can't sync without internet access (wifi or mobile data) as the sync process uploads the data to the fitbit servers.

How long are you having to wait for your router? Fitbits only have a limited memory to hold data between syncs. After 5 - 7 days (depending on what fitbit model you have) it starts holding data at a summary level rather than the normal detailed, minute by minute, data.

Do you have any public wifi services nearby that you could use for now?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately, you can't sync without internet access (wifi or mobile data) as the sync process uploads the data to the fitbit servers.

How long are you having to wait for your router? Fitbits only have a limited memory to hold data between syncs. After 5 - 7 days (depending on what fitbit model you have) it starts holding data at a summary level rather than the normal detailed, minute by minute, data.

Do you have any public wifi services nearby that you could use for now?

Best Answer
Thanks so much.  Good to know that a few days worth of info will remain.  And yes, I will head to the library and see if I can get my back steps before it's too late.  I appreciate your answer.  Have a great holiday season.  Live simply. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Be thankful. Love generously. 
Best Answer