Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to zero steps each day.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is 2 years old. The person who originally set it up has it set to zero the steps at 11;00 am each day.

How do I change the reset time to midnight each day?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @2220.  Welcome to the Fitbit forums.

That sounds very strange because there is no way to have data reset at any time other than midnight.  Have you actually connected the tracker to your phone, or other sync device, and done a successful sync?  The only thing I can imagine is that the tracker thinks it is midnight when it resets.  Does it read the correct time for your time zone?

Which model is this?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello JohnnyRow

Thanks for replying to my message. I don,t under stand what is meant by syncing fitbit to a phone. The only cell phone  I have is a tracphone. My fitbit is 2-3 yrs old. Do I have to use a smart phone & have to somehow connect the fitbit to the smart phone?

Thanks 2220

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a help article about setting up your tracker at the start:

How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Without going through that procedure, your Fitbit is basically just a watch/step counter.  And if the time ever gets off, as I suspect it is now, you cannot reset that.

You need either a smartphone, either Android or iPhone, or certain tablets, or a computer with Windows 10 and bluetooth, or some older computers with the additional dongle.  And nolt all models smartphones are fully compatible.

Many Tracfones are acceptable smartphones.

I suggest starting by reading through the help article to get a better feel for it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes