Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally reset my weight loss goal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I've lost 25lbs but I went and set a new goal and now it says I have lost 0lbs since the date I set that new goal. Is there any way to get it to go back to reflecting my toal weight loss?

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

@mideb welcome aboard! Please make sure that you're running your Fitbit app's latest version using your iPad. Also, double check that you're using a compatible iOS device to sync your tracker. This will ensure that all features work as they should. 

Also, for future reference please post your iOS inquiry in the iOS App board. You'll get more relevant info and you'll help us keep the community organized as well. 

If you haven't done so, please try the steps mentioned above using a computer. Let me know if this helps! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this solution, it has been bugging me for weeks that I lost all the progress on my app by setting a new weight loss goal, but now I can see all my progress since January which is very motivating! Thank again 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those are wonderful news @rreynolds226! It's  nice to see new users in the community. Smiley Happy

Take a look at our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Hope to see you around more often sharing your favorite recipes!

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've edited this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sbirks23 Hope you're doing well, and enjoying some healthy activities!

Feel free to let me know if you require any assistance or if there is any question I can answer for you! 

See you around! Smiley Wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! Excellent reply many thks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so  much! I tried to set a new weight goal after meeting my initial goal weight, and it erased all the information. I was able to fix it with your solution! I am so grateful. Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to do it from a computer. It wont work on the ipad/iphone etc. It has to be done from a computer 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does that only work for paying users? I can't find the summary to make an edit. I can only find options to reset it and start over which is how I lost 70 pounds of progress to begin with when i tried to edit my goal !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting all over again is the exact opposite of what we want and what we are trying to find a fix for. We have had the app reset us to starting over when we adjusted a goal and we want to see our overall progress from the beginning reflected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not a pay user didn’t even know there was an option to pay lol I followed the directions  and it worked great. I am able to see total loss which was great!  I’m thrilled w the fix I found on the forum . Congrats on your 70! I’m at 95 goooo ya lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally found it on the computer (never did on the phone app) but it
didn't look like the screen shots, since they are older the platform has
probably been updated since then
Best Answer

nevermind. Don’t know how to delete this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I fixed it by editing my starting weight for the day I edited my goal
weight to my starting weight. It isn't a total fix i have a weird high blip
in th emiddle of my progress but it is showing my overall lost weight now.
I couldn't get it to reset to use the original start date / weight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: I found it!

How did you do it? I can't find a way to do it on fitbit's current website.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: I fixed it. I had rigged it by editing the new goal date with my original weight in order to fix it, and that was messing it up. I put the true weight back in for the new goal date and went back in to follow the instructions, and it worked this time. THANKS!

This is what happens when I edit my goal. It remembers the date I went in and set it to in order to fix the original problem, because when I click to open the calendar and enter the date the correct date pops up as already being highlighted (Jan 1) but every I time I click "save" and it goes to the next screen, it always has Oct 9 as the starting date. I have logged out, logged in, and cleared all the cookies. Anything else I can try? Thanks! fitbit error.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi is it still possible to change this weight goal with the new format of the Fitbit website? So sad I can’t get it back to normal 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally did the same thing, but the dashboard has now changed with no "edit" button. Is this still resolve-able?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue, but managed to sort it.

Go to your food log and then at the bottom of the tabs on the right you can "Edit Goal". Click on this.

Next, select "Help me set up a goal"

On the top it says "Starting weight was [x] and was set on [x] edit"

The edit at the end of this line enables you to change the start date of the weight loss.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes