Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I delete a device from my dashboard do I lose all my data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I had a Flex that was lost and replaced it with a Charge HR but I did not remove the Flex from my account. If I delete it now will I lose all my data? Awards, Steps, Goals, etc?
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

All your settings, awards and tracking data are held on the fitbit servers so deleting your lost Flex will not delete any data.

Best Answer
Thank you 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I was really worried when I deleted mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see new names around the Forums! Hi @Emmapid2004!

You can absolutely remove a tracker from your account without having to worry for the information. 

Just in case anyone needs help with deleting a tracker from their account, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit Dashboard.

2. Go to your tracker's settings. If you have multiple trackers, you can just click the correct one from the list showing on the left side of the screen.

3. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "Remove this XX from Your Account" button, like in the picture below:remove.PNG

I hope you all find this useful. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks this was exactly my question. I want to keep all my old data when I delete the old device and add my new one.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @GoGirl2014.

Glad to know that you found the answer that you needed! Feel free to vote for it or to accept is as a solution with the button below it. 

Additionally, perhaps you could visit on of our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics in there.

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
The discussions forums are a wonderful place to find friends, share recipies and much more.

2b2400393fb7d830f8414335123636e4

Best Answer

I was so worried about loosing my data for the same reason. I'm so very happy I found this site to learn that if I did it correctly, I'd keep my data. I'm one happy lil white duck here "Quack quack" 😎😁

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Glad to read that you found this post and that it helped you!

Be sure to vote for the post that helped you or to accept it as a solution by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button that shows below the post that helped you. That would make it easier for other users who have the same question to find the answer they need.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have.

Best Answer