Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect exercise duration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I walk the same amount of time every day.  yet it is logged  differently everyday. Today for  a 55 min walk , the dashboard said I walked 18  min.  This happens almost every day and then  on one day the dashboard will get  it exactly correct.  What is going on. The dashboard will tell me I am running when I"m walking, biking when I'm walking. Why is it so hard to get it correct?  On the graph of activity it clearly shows " intense"  for 55 min but the log is still saying 18 min. Does anyone have a clue about what is happening? thanks., K.P

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @kspal

Thanks for bringing this up.

This seems like it could be related to the walks themselves. Keep in mind that the device will use a  combination of your movement intensity and consistency to determine that you are preforming an activity. This means that if you take a short break, or if you move less, or move your arms less, at some points during the walk then it is possible that Fitbit will not recognize that time as an activity until it can feel the whole 55 minutes of non-stop activity.

Having said that, I'd like to ask you what Fitbit you are using. This should let me get a better understanding of the situation to find a way around this situation in  case it continues

Additionally, please try to follow these steps to manually log an activity. This can help you get the walking activity registered on your personal records with accurate duration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks, I will be more aware of my movements and see if that makes a difference. I have a charge hr.

Best Answer

Hello @kspal.

You are welcome.

Hopefully that would explain what is going on. Let's keep a close eye on the situation and let me know if this continues happening. 

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes