Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing The New Personal Info Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone!

The Fitbit team has made some minor changes to your Web Dashboard Settings page to help optimize your user experience.

Under Settings, you will now see your Devices tab at the very top, as well as the devices paired to your account. On your Personal Info page, your information has been consolidated in order to make it easier for you to navigate toward what you need a bit easier.  

This is all in efforts to continue modifying the Dashboard for a better and more efficient experience for users. Go ahead and wander through your Dashboard Settings page and check out the new changes!

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I guess you have to just wait till it's fixed, there's no workaround for this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I guess you have to just wait till it's fixed, there's no workaround for this. 

True, but this has been an ongoing issue since the beginning of December. Their customer service is horrible in regards to glitches. No one can give an estimated time frame. @SilvanaFitbit should be able to answer some questions, especially when directed straight to her. It might be time to look at other fitness watches/gadgets. 

Charge User since April 2015, desperately need an updated Charge (super glue is finally giving up). Just got the Charge 2 (2/23/2017).
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice if we could get a weekly status on our problems.   Each week I asked for a status and all I get told is that "Once we receive an update from our engineering team we will be contacting you." Well reach back to the engineering team, and ask them for an update. I paid for a Fitand I expect to have results when I have problems with it.

this is right up there with the time that they decided that someone tried to access my account so they change my password. When I tried to get a temporary password to create a new password I could not get one. It took five weeks to resolve that issue. Fitbit should NEVER change my password without permission. If they thought I was hacked, they should have sent me an email telling me to change my password not change it for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RedsMom: I work in software development for well over ten years. The issue that you cannot edit About Me info is of course pain in the a*. But it's not really a problem, is it? (At least that's how I see it, it's a totally minor problem). Problem would be if the app stopped working or trackers would stop syncing or the app would be crashing, etc. Those are serious problems.

Also, how software updates work is that they usually do not fix a single issue, there is a minimal cost to each update which is about the same regardless if the update would fix one single issue or if it's a major update bringing new robust functionality. Most likely what will happen is that a software update will be rolled out fixing more issues and could also bring new functionality / UI overhaul. Only Fitbit guys know what's up their sleeve. They'll roll it out when it's all done and tested. That's why in your eyes it takes ages to fix such a single silly problem.

They won't tell us until they are thousand percent sure, cos plan in software development is always changing.

I am not defending Fitbit, I am just trying to bring a view of IT professional, that's how it works. By the way, try to raise an issue with Microsoft, you'll be happy if it's fixed in your lifetime :).

Now I'd like to get it fixed too, cos I'd like to udpate the info as well and I spent about and half an hour trying to figure out why I cannot edit it 🙂

Best Answer

All I want is my name to be fixed on my account. I do not know why Fitbit decided they needed to save me from changing my own account name. I have been given multiple ideas of how to do it that they all swear we'll work and none of them do.

Best Answer

@dresends: For sure Fitbit should jump on your problem right away.... It's weird they changed your password without telling you and that it got 5 weeks to fix and still not fixed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is fixed. But it never should have happened. It is just an example of how long it takes to get anything done.

I have a friend who lost her friends list 2 months ago and they still can't figure that one out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just logged into the Web Dashboard and my exercise is not showing my route and miles traveled. It is showing my heartrate and I was wondering is this new or is there a way to change it back to the route run?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@claiparker: You might be in a wrong thread, but anyway just to double check: after the workout, have you synced your Fitbit with your phone? I guess you know the routine, so I am just checking - first you have to sync Fitbit with the app on the phone, then reload the Dashboard if you already opened it. The workout should appear then there. 

If you did the above then I am out of ideas. Hope it works out for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@RedsMom: I work in software development for well over ten years. The issue that you cannot edit About Me info is of course pain in the a*. But it's not really a problem, is it? (At least that's how I see it, it's a totally minor problem). Problem would be if the app stopped working or trackers would stop syncing or the app would be crashing, etc. Those are serious problems.

Also, how software updates work is that they usually do not fix a single issue, there is a minimal cost to each update which is about the same regardless if the update would fix one single issue or if it's a major update bringing new robust functionality. Most likely what will happen is that a software update will be rolled out fixing more issues and could also bring new functionality / UI overhaul. Only Fitbit guys know what's up their sleeve. They'll roll it out when it's all done and tested. That's why in your eyes it takes ages to fix such a single silly problem.

They won't tell us until they are thousand percent sure, cos plan in software development is always changing.

I am not defending Fitbit, I am just trying to bring a view of IT professional, that's how it works. By the way, try to raise an issue with Microsoft, you'll be happy if it's fixed in your lifetime :).

Now I'd like to get it fixed too, cos I'd like to udpate the info as well and I spent about and half an hour trying to figure out why I cannot edit it 🙂

I know all too well how Microsoft works...pain in the royal a**. I had a problem with Gateway (many many years ago) and got tired of their idiots. I finally told them I wanted to speak to someone in the USA, someone south of the Mason Dixon Line and east of the Mississippi. I finally got someone in Alabama and was able to resolve the problem in minutes. 

I know my issue is minimal in their eyes, but I have had trouble editing other things. It says it took, but I refresh and it goes right back to the old way. After a dozen attempts, it will finally get through. 

Personally, I don't understand why they could not leave well enough alone. I know things are always evolving and advancing in the tech world, but like my daddy always said "If it's not broke, don't fix it!"

Now that you are trying to edit yours, you will see the issue I am having. I just want to change a few words in it to give my goals for this year, but failing on that. Man Sad

Charge User since April 2015, desperately need an updated Charge (super glue is finally giving up). Just got the Charge 2 (2/23/2017).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@claiparker wrote:

I just logged into the Web Dashboard and my exercise is not showing my route and miles traveled. It is showing my heartrate and I was wondering is this new or is there a way to change it back to the route run?

I had this happen when I installed the new dashboard. Needless to say, I went back to the old one and have not had anymore issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RedsMomL Understand :). I have run into issue that some workouts can be renamed, some can't and I don't see any pattern in it. Workaround is to delete the workout and log custom one :). Annoying, should be editable. It's our data we send to Fitbit afterall, we should have freedom to do whatever we want with them :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@RedsMomL Understand :). I have run into issue that some workouts can be renamed, some can't and I don't see any pattern in it. Workaround is to delete the workout and log custom one :). Annoying, should be editable. It's our data we send to Fitbit afterall, we should have freedom to do whatever we want with them :).

I agree. Last week, it was raining horribly here so I walked the parking garage across the road from my office. It does not walking in circles, up and down. It took my steps but not my mileage. It told me after .5 miles that it took me 22m16s. It usually takes me 8 to 9m to walk .5 miles, with traffic lights. So I sucked it up and walked in the rain so I could get the right mileage, sort of. The garage is as big a city block and 6 stories high. Oh well, I have learned a lesson to not walk the garages and use the GPS tracking. 

Best Answer

I spent a long time looking for the edit About Me and thought it was me. Glad to know it's a glitch. Any infor on repair?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I edit  "About me " ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

I want to apologize for the delay in response and also thank you for all the feedback and information you have provided regarding the edit About Me topic. As of right now, we're still working on it. At this time we do not have any updates to provide, but as soon as we do we will post it on this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the update

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilvanaFitbit wrote:

Hi everybody,

I want to apologize for the delay in response and also thank you for all the feedback and information you have provided regarding the edit About Me topic. As of right now, we're still working on it. At this time we do not have any updates to provide, but as soon as we do we will post it on this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Thanks for FINALLY getting us an update. I know this is probably low on the totum pole for them, but many of us would really like to update our info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RedsMom Absolutely. I completely understand. The issue is still being worked on but once there is an update, I will post to this thread. 

Again, thank you so much for your patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Silvana

I am showing as inactive to my friends although I am not.  The 'Friend Ranking' option seems to have gone so I cannot set it to 'Show Me'.  All my privacy settings are set to Friends.

Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes