Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing The New Personal Info Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone!

The Fitbit team has made some minor changes to your Web Dashboard Settings page to help optimize your user experience.

Under Settings, you will now see your Devices tab at the very top, as well as the devices paired to your account. On your Personal Info page, your information has been consolidated in order to make it easier for you to navigate toward what you need a bit easier.  

This is all in efforts to continue modifying the Dashboard for a better and more efficient experience for users. Go ahead and wander through your Dashboard Settings page and check out the new changes!

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

That would require my dashboard to have a "settings" icon....which it does not.  Also, this note still doesnt't tell us how to access "about me" to fill it in or edit it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we get a new update? 

Best Answer

I finally figured it out on my own.   If you go to your ONLINE account page (not your app), and then click the settings gear there, it will take you to your personal account page, where you can add or edit your "about me".    

Best Answer

That is to say.....

1.  Go to your ONLINE Fitbit account page

2.   Make sure you're on your ONLINE dashboard

3.  Click the gear symbol in the upper right hand corner

4.  When you see the "drop down" menu, click "settings"

5.   Once this loads your first setting option - which should be highlighted and showing - is "peronal information".   There you can add or edit your personal statement.      

I just did this on Sunday...and stunningly it worked....finally.   

Best Answer

@Bhramari Thanks! Wonder why no one from Fitbit informed us officially? Works for me now too. Great news!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but that does not do the trick. It only changes it there. It does not change it everywhere. 

Best Answer

@dresdens, Where else do you have an "about me" section?   I don't have it on the app for my PC or my phone.  The "about me" section is for other people to see, and they can only ever see your online profile anyway.    It's not something you need on your apps anyway.....you're the only person that sees that, and you probably already know about yourself.  Smiley Happy  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  They sort of did, but my guess is that they don't realize that some of the wording they use doesn't really grab those of us for whom English is our native language.   Like they use "web" instead of "online".    A lot of people don't realize what they are reading means "online" when they read the word "web".  It rarely gets my attention that way.   By the way, if myt post was helpful, I hope you'll give it a click (vote) of approval.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Base Runner,

Since about 11 December I have been trying to fix my 'Nickname." It changes in one place in the 'About Me' section but nowhere else. For challenges excetera it's still shows the old name. That is what I am trying to get fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bhramari: I totally missed their announcement. Last post from anyone from Fitbit is from SilvanaFitbit (01-12-2017 12:08) that they are still working on it and that's all in this thread. I find it strange that they did not announce it here and marked the thread as solved.

Anyway, you have my two votes :).

@dresdens: Right, this forum is a first one where is actually by design allowed two nicknames for one person - one in your dashboard ("official"), one on this forum. It's puzzling.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having trouble with the calorie part of the dashboard its physically going directly back to 100 when I know i am burning and eating more calories than that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just woke up and tapped my Fitbit to wake it up then went to my dashboard to check it

hang tight we're cleaning it up msg was there but got stuck on that

it I delete and reload it will lose all data

sby ideas 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your issue is unrelated to this thread.  I recommend starting a new post, with a dedicated subject line, so that people will see what your problem is and respond.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Could you tell me how you were able to switch back to the old dashboard?  I absolutely HATE the new dashboard (funny how companies feel they know what we'd like better), it's very difficult to read quickly and constantly having issues with bluetooth. Would love to go back to the old version. Thanks!

Best Answer

This thread is for the personal info page.   If you have other issues I suggest creating a new thread with a dedicated subject line.   Then you'll get attention for your actual issue.   

Best Answer

Off-topic content has been removed from this thread.

Best Answer

Testing before you field is usually a really good idea.

Best Answer