Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to remove walk from daily totals?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my walk to work today, my Ionic said that I'd walked 330km - I deleted the activity, but my daily totals are still showing as being 4000% complete! In addition to this, it throws every graph of my activities out of whack, and has awarded me badges I have no right earning this early.

Is there any way to adjust the daily totals? will the fact I deleted the wrong activity (and logged one at the correct distance) eventually sync up? do I have to reset everything to get rid of this error? 

Many thanks

Moderator edit: clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @ChewiePhD.

That sounds bothersome. 

Was the activity tracker a GPS activity or was it an automatic activity that was tracked? How exactly did it track that distance?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a GPS tracked activity, using the Ionic's GPS - see the attached photos for how it appeared in my activities before I deleted it. It seems to have a lot of conflicting information.

Since that day I stopped doing GPS activities for a little bit, then there was an app update which /seems/ to have stopped the GPS tracking 100s of km in one session - however, the activity is still logged on my account.

GPS Map of ActivityGPS Map of ActivityOther graphOther graphDaily activity graph from that dayDaily activity graph from that day

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChewiePhDHave you tried the manual  "Driving" activity.. That will nullify the time period distance and steps..

If that works, delete it and then use the Walk activity and select the distance and hopefully you nullify the GPS error.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the idea colin! I tried it, and it did adjust the day's totals a tiny bit (about 2km), not the hundreds on the daily total - then when I deleted the driving activitiy, it went back up.

I checked the day's graph for distance though, and...well the graph and the total don't match, even slightly. Using driving seemed to edit the total by the amount it showed on the graph (1km here, couple km there), rather than whatever chunk it said when the activity was done. See below

Screenshot_20180129-115238.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChewiePhDThanks for getting back and trying that.. Looks like an embedded total that Fitbit will need to address. @LanuzaFitbit may point this in the right direction..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 thank you for the idea though - I will definitely bear that in mind for any future activity weirdness!

Best Answer

Hey @ChewiePhD and @Colinm39.

@Colinm39 Thanks for helping out, the driving activity was a nice suggestion.

@ChewiePhD What tracker did you use for that activity? In addition, what activity did you choose on the tracker? 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit I used a fitbit Ionic, watch GPS, and selected it as a walk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ChewiePhD.

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Have you checked the same activity on the web version of the Dashboard too? Does it show like that as well? If not, please check on it.

Also, has this happened to other walks? Have you tried selecting Hike or Run instead of Walk. Please give that a shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

The online dashboard does say the same - 500 odd km for that day.

It only occured for walks on that particular day - other activities don't seem to have been affected, and other walks since then have been fine - there was a software update that day, I don't know if that fixed it. 

Obviously the problem of it being in my stats still stands xD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @ChewiePhD.

I'd say that we try to manually enter a walking activity on that day, at the time of that activity and see what happens after that. It should overwrite the activity you had logged.

Let me know how it goes. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit I put in a manual walking activity and left it for a while in case the app needed to update the details etc/etc, and it did change my total distance for that day - however, it went from 592.4 total km that day to 591.1 - It seems like it is overriding an activity, but with only a 1.3km change I don't know what it's overwriting - it doesn't seem to match up with any of the activity figures on the app. 

It seems to be royally confused about this one particular day, haha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ChewiePhD.

Thanks for letting me know.

Very frustrating, I have to say. It probably was a one time thing and shouldn't be happening again.

I'd say that we try to keep an eye on it. If something like that happens once again, let me know right away.

Also let me know if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit, thanks for your continued responses! It's a shame we couldn't get it figured out, but as you say, hopefully it was just a one off glitch.

That said, is there any way to reset the awards on my account for distance walked/so on? Even if we can't reset the distance on that day?

Best Answer

Hey @ChewiePhD.

It's not possible to reset the badges like that. The only way to do so would be to start a whole new account from scratch.

Perhaps you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then vote for your idea or comment on it to show their support.

Hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit Ok, that's a good idea. Many thanks for your help!

Best Answer