Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the food logging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having problems adding SOME foods to a meal I've created.

I've narrowed the problem down to data in the fitbit database - where a "food" has no serving size.

If the "food" has a valid quantity, clicking on the "food" results in a drop down list of quantities to choose from. But If the "food" does not have a valid quantity, clicking on the "food" has no effect - there is no list to choose from and the food cannot be added to the meal.

I've replicated this problem by creating my own foods - the same thing exactly occurs as described above. I workaround this issue for the moment by creating my own foods for each food from the fitbit database that "misbehaves".

I see this as a "bug" in the validation portion of the fitbit food data entry. It should not allow a meal to be added with an "empty" quantity. This happens consistently when adding foods to meals on the web in Log/Add foods to your meal

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & Format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @BruceCraigie.

Thanks for taking the time to share all of those details in here.

I'd like to take a closer look at what you mentioned. Could you share some screenshots exemplifying what you mean? That help everyone visualize what is happening.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @BruceCraigie.

Thanks for taking the time to share all of those details in here.

I'd like to take a closer look at what you mentioned. Could you share some screenshots exemplifying what you mean? That help everyone visualize what is happening.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems the problem has been corrected and/or the data has been corrected in the fitbit database so that existing foods all (seem to) have a serving size.

Previously, when a food had "1 Serving" as the servng size, this problem would occur and no drop-down would appear to allow the amount to be added when logging the food or adding it to a meal.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BruceCraigie

Good for you for figuring this out 👍 !

I noticed this too and could not figure out why some foods were unclickable once added to the recent or frequent lists.

Best Answer

This issue has been marked "solved", but I'm finding it still occurs. Certain foods, like bananas, for instance, cannot be clicked on once added to the recent/frequent menus. And if added manually to the food log, the portion size cannot be changed afterward and has to be deleted and re-entered manually with the correct portion size. This occurs with only some food entries, but it's the same foods every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BruceCraigie and @pjfarr.

@BruceCraigie Glad to read that it seems to have been corrected on its own. Hopefully it continues like that.

@pjfarr Thanks for pointing that out and sharing those details. Please know that we all take feedback seriously and that we're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes