Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language keeps changing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit dashboard's language changes several times a day from English to French. No matter how many times I set my language to English, it doesn't stay set. This has been happening since November/December. Before then, I never had this issue at all. Any ideas?

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I am having the same problem but live right here in the United States. I have had my Fitbit for 24 hours, and it keeps changing to German language... if this keeps happening, I am considering returning it. Super frustrating.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, however, as location is Estonia, for some reason it keeps resetting to Swedish.

Someone in Fitbit/google should really look at the map and laguages, because this makes no sense at all. Swedish is not official language in Estonia. 

I would like to keep my watch in English, how do i do that?

Please respond urgently, as i have not received any help from support over emails.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GenuineSunshine A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know that you have contacted our Support team. 

It's pretty weird that the language in your Fitbit is changing to Swedish. Your Fitbit device uses the same language that you use for your Fitbit account, please make sure that you have change it to English in your app and online Dashboard. 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 

2. Tap Advanced Settings Country.
  3. Turn off the option to automatically detect your country.
  4. Choose your country, then sync your device.
  5. Follow the instructions to update your device to use the language you selected.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for your advice. Tried that and for now the country seems to stick.

It is however bit weird, that app and pc dashboard dont sync and you need to change the country in both places.

cheers!

Best Answer

Hi Silvia, I’ve been using Versa Lite since July 2020, but reading this full thread as an act of desperation. For a while the moderator(s) proposed “workaround” of not allowing automatic location worked. But since I subscribed to the Premium trial a couple of weeks ago, I just can’t get rid of:

• pop-up notification in app asking me to set location access to “Always” disregarding that I always select “no thanks”;
  • worst of all, the language keeps reverting to Dutch and although I’m learning it, I find this to be appalling user experience.

Is anyone actually doing something rather than asking for patience? I noticed that’s been the trend for the last 4 years or so.. 

I mean, just tell us to switch to a different health tracking smartwatch already, probably that’s also what everyone before me did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with a charge 4. All my devices and settings are in English and language keep changing to Spanish (current location). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just told by one of the ‘Fitbit family’ that there is nothing I can do. He said my Ionic will only reflect the language of the country I enter in my dashboard. Japan in my case with, according to this boy wonder, no option to select English... even though he instructed me to separately reenter the country and language in the first part of our chat 😕
Definitely a ridiculous response and an even more ridiculous tech crew if this is in fact true. Don’t believe it is but still waiting to hear the correct workaround for all of us stuck with this annoying defect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. I want my Fitbit to be in Swedish, but it keeps changing to Japanese. I have the app on both Android and iPhone, however the Fitbit is connected to the Android, but it still keeps insisting on changing the language to Japanese. On both phones, I use Swedish as the main language, English as the second and Japanese as the third. For some reason, it never changes the language to English but only to Japanese. I'm so tired of constantly having to update the language (it changes it both on the Fitbit itself as well as in the app) so I decided to google it and now I see that this is an issue that's been around for years. Is nobody working on solving this? It seems like a really simple fix. I don't have automatic location set in the app (I'm in Portugal and doesn't speak a word of Portuguese so I'm not interested in having it change the language to Portuguese as well), I keep setting it to Sweden/Swedish and it still keeps changing it to Japanese.

After reading this thread, I've deleted the app from my iPhone now so we'll see if it helps. Still, this should be solved. It's ridiculous that this issue has been around for years and nothing has happened. If you care about your customers, you should really look into this issue. On the other hand, considering how little help I received when I first tried to purchase this watch to begin with, it doesn't seem like Fitbit cares an awful lot about their customers.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resurrecting this old thread. Just bought a Charge 4 today, and thinking of sending it back tomorrow when my wife’s arrives too. 

I can only change language in the browser-based account settings, and this syncs through to the Charge 4. However shortly later, the Charge 4 reverts back to German... is there really no solution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 2022, this thread was started 6 years ago and many people including myself are still having this issue, why isn't Fitbit addressing this? Surely it doesn't take 6 years to solve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem in Germany. It shouldn’t matter what I was doing or where I sm located.  When zi set it to English, I expect it to stay

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I make my FitBit stop changing languages???  It’s frustrating. I am in Germany but prefer English.  This wasn’t a problem before.  Now it’s frustrating enough to consider switching to Apple Watch.  Please fix this.  We should be able to choose a language.  People travel with their watches.  I understand why the language change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just had my Fitbit as a present and I want to throw it in the bin. I’m English but live in Spain. It keeps changing the language to Spanish. I keep changing it back to no avail. Why haven’t the engineers sorted it yet. So many people have reported the same problem. It’s a fault so I will be sending mine back to Amazon if it isn’t sorted very soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes