Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging distance on a fitness bike

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I ride a recumbent bicycle at the gym & I can't put in the miles I do on it. How can I log them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

You should manually log it and then you will be able to add the distance.

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Sorry to ask but how do you manually log the distance? For a stationary bike?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I loop my fitbit around my shoestring, and it captures the steps....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @Trish22 and @Horseylady, thanks for stopping by! Smiley Very Happy As my friend @WendyB suggested, you can manually log this activity. 

If you want to add a custom activity, you just need to do the following from your computer (create custom activity is not available on the Fitbit app):

1. Go to Your Dashboard to see your activity log. Start typing in the search box under 'Log Activities".
2. Enter any physical activity you find yourself doing often.
3. After adding the activity, there will be the option to customize the activity via duration, distance (if applicable) start time and calories.

4. Click Log Activity. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area.

See the screenshot below for more details:

recumbent.png

recumbent1.png

As a friendly reminder, typically your steps will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over the steps you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my tracker and walking and I reach 10,000 steps, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many steps you took and it may bring my step count to something below 10,000 steps. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit.

I've moved your post to Fitbit.com Dashboard as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer