Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Data syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 2 and a flex 2. And use a samsung A7 phine for the app. If i wear them both in one day i lose steps when the trackers sync. I saw an old post on this community that is now closed that said that this was a software issue with the app that was resolved in june 2017. However all my software and firmware is up to date and the problem persists.

The closed post said to contact fitbit support if there were further issues.... however they did not provide a solution. First i was told i could only wear one tracker in a day.  When i persisted that the community posts indicated that i should be able to then i was told to reboot and sync and that this would resolve the problem. Unfortunately it did not. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I have a charge 2 and a flex 2. If i wear them both in one day i lose steps when the trackers sync. I saw an old post on this community that is now closed that said that this was a software issue with the app that was resolved in june 2017. However all my software and firmware is up to date and the problem persists.

The closed post said to contact fitbit support if there were further issues.... however they did not provide a solution. First i was told i could only wear one tracker in a day.  When i persisted that the community posts indicated that i should be able to then i was told to reboot and sync and that this would resolve the problem. Unfortunately it did not. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Erinb  and Fit Bit team - I am having this same issue - I have an Alta and an Alta HR... I only wear the Alta when the HR is charging but during the sync I consistently lose steps - lost close to 800+ one day and it was really discouraging.  I'm using IOS /iPhone.  

I also saw a post from last summer (June 2017) regarding this issue and saying it was resolved in the software but think they need to look at this again.

I am also noticing no one has responded to your post from January 2018 so I am adding my reply hoping it will help get attention to this issue and a response from the Fitbit team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Erinbb and @beccaburt.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to ask a couple of questions in order to get a better understanding of the whole situation with the two trackers:

• On average, how many steps do you lose? Does the number on the tracker that you are wearing at the moment go down or do they remain as they were?
  • When was the first time that you noticed this?
  • Do you have notifications setup with any of the trackers?

Look forward to your reply so that we can find the best way forward.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for reaching out to learn more.

I’ve only noticed this in the past 3 months. Both my Alta HR and my Alta are on all day sync with my iPhone.

Here’s when it happens:
1. The Alta HR needs to be charged so I sync it and attached to charger.
2. I check that the Alta I will wear during this time is synced and the # of steps match so that I’m at the same steps before starting to move with the Alta.
3. I wear the Alta and it records steps.
4. My phone gets close to the charging Alta HR and the next sync I will lose anywhere from 20-150 steps off the Alta I am currently wearing.
5. At end the Alta HR is fully charged but never syncs with steps from Alta I have been wearing - it always comes up but never matches the Alta and I lose steps.

Thanks again.

Rebecca

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, in response to your request for more info pls see below:

1) the number of steps lost varies... not sure based on what. And yes the number recorded on the tracker(s) also goes down.

2) i noticed this over a year ago when i bought my second tracker. As another user noted, fitbit was supposed to have resolved in june 2017. But problem persists for me. I have shut off all notifications on my trackers. But the problem was the same when i had the notifications on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Erinbb and @beccaburt.

Thanks for reaching out and letting me know about the specifics of your situations. 

I'd like to recommend that you turn off All-Day sync for all of your trackers and only manually sync them for the time being. That should improve the overall tracking.

I will also be letting the team know about this. Whenever I get any news on he matter I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Please reach out if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Just to clarify, i never have the all day sync setting turned on and always sync manually.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Erinbb.

Thanks for letting me know that you are not using All-Day Sync.

I'd like to recommend that you try to remove both of the trackers from your account and then set them up again. If the issue continues after that, please try to only use one tracker. I will try to get more details on the matter. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have actually already removed both trackers from my account and re-added them as i had seen this recommended somewhere. It did not resolve the problem.

I am currently not using my fitbits at all as i have become frustrated with this issue and (until now) the lack of response and ineffective tech support regarding this issue on the help line and o response to my emails requesting replacement of my device(s). I am looking into a different brand of activity tracker that is better supported and less glitchy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Erinbb.

Thanks for letting me know that you have already tried that.

I will be passing this information on to the rest of the team. Whenever I get any updates I will be sure to let you know. 

I'm very sorry to hear that is how you feel about the situation. I completely understand how it can be very frustrating to have this happen.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and it just started this week. I use a flex to run and my blaze for the day and when I sync the flex my 7400 steps from running are there and my Blaze agrees.  About three hours later my run steps go down by at least 5000. I was told not to sync them at the same time and I dont.  One is upstairs and the other on my arm.  I have not changed anything that I have been doing for two years and this week the problem started.  I have done all the turn it off, turn it on, uninstall.  Bottom line they worked fine and now they don't.  I am the customer and I want to use them as they are designed.  All these extra steps is something you are getting me to do to distract me from the fact that the software on the app is crap!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a Charge 2 and a One.  When I switch mid-day, I have lost anywhere from 55 steps (today) to over 1,000 steps.  Annoying and discouraging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner and @DFink.

Thanks for bringing this up. I will let the rest of the team know and I will try to get any updates on the matter.

My suggestion would be to try and sync right before switching Fitbits. And if the situation persists, try to only use one Fitbit for the time being.

Let me know if there are any questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do sync before switching. That’s when the step subtraction occurs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be passing this on to the rest of the team.

In the meantime, I'd recommend trying to use only one device. I will try to get more updates on the matter and as soon as I do I'll be sure to let everyone know.

If there are any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue. I have two fitbit, one flex, one Alta. I use Alta at work, but use Flex at Gym. This is literally the description of multiple tracker support in Fitbit official page: https://blog.fitbit.com/sync-multiple-trackers-to-your-fitbit-account-with-multi-tracker-support/

However, what happens is this: I wear Alta to work, back home, manual sync, 4000 Steps. Then I wear Flex to gym, exercise for 1.5h, manual sync, 10000 Steps. Then I go home, and the moment I got home (where my Alta is sitting on the table because I didn't wear it to gym), and open Fitbit, the Step count becomes something like 4001.   This happens many times. And I have two tracker correctly setup in one account, and I never turn on all-day sync, and I never wear them simultaneously. 

Please advice. Thank you very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ETXPI wear the Ionic and One concurrently and have no issues.. I always "force" sync the one with the most steps and then "force" sync the other..  Both finish up with the same step count.

In your case, and when I wasn't wearing Fitbits concurrently, I would sync the Alta when I was home.. take that off, switch to the Flex and immediately sync the Flex.. They both should then agree with the step count. Off to the gym.

Maybe you should have both with the "Always Connect" off, so that you you choose the Fitbit to sync via the phone..

If all that fails, I have found the Fitbits can sync from up to 50' (15m) away and in the early days that was causing me a headache.

@ETXP wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. I have two fitbit, one flex, one Alta. I use Alta at work, but use Flex at Gym. This is literally the description of multiple tracker support in Fitbit official page: https://blog.fitbit.com/sync-multiple-trackers-to-your-fitbit-account-with-multi-tracker-support/

However, what happens is this: I wear Alta to work, back home, manual sync, 4000 Steps. Then I wear Flex to gym, exercise for 1.5h, manual sync, 10000 Steps. Then I go home, and the moment I got home (where my Alta is sitting on the table because I didn't wear it to gym), and open Fitbit, the Step count becomes something like 4001.   This happens many times. And I have two tracker correctly setup in one account, and I never turn on all-day sync, and I never wear them simultaneously. 

Please advice. Thank you very much. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39, thanks a lot for your reply and help.

However, I actually already setup like you said, but the subtraction between two fitbit trackers still exist. The "All-Day Sync" is turned Off for both of them. And I sync Alta when I got home from work, before switching to Flex and go to gym. And before leaving gym, I sync Flex, the steps are all counted correctly upto this moment, the steps are combined. But the weird thing is when I got home from gym, and sync, somehow the Alta, which was sitting on the table for the time I'm at gym, would Overwrite the Flex ??! And all the steps in Flex is gone. This is truly frustrating. 

I now have to manually log the exercise. But this defeat the whole purpose of wearing a fitbit to gym.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only solution i have found is to use another brand of activity tracker. Fitbit is keen to sell u more than one device. And their sales lierature boasts about being able to swap between sleek attractive trackers during the day and more sophisticated trackers for work outs. However they do not care at all about fixing this issue... clearly as it has been happening litterally for years. I have stopped using fitbit. And will not spend any more money on their trackers or accessories as they do not support their products or customers. 

Best Answer