Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual log updates the 250 steps per hour chart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Here's an interesting one.

I went for my daily dog walk today but forgot my tracker. I decided to add the steps manually (first time I've ever done this) taking an average time and steps of previous trips (they vary only marginally as we always do the same route).

When I went back to the dashboard I noticed the 250+ steps graph had also been updated. I thought I'd read somewhere that manual steps didn't count towards this graph.

I'm not complaining — I didn't cheat (would only be cheating myself anyway) and I'm pleased it did log; I just didn't expect this behaviour. Has this changed recently?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Manually logged steps do not count towards challenges or leaderboards. As for the situation you mentioned. Perhaps you could try to manually log some steps again just to confirm if it is happening all the time or it was a one time thing. I'd be very interested in knowing about this too. 

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can manually add steps with the time you missed your 250 steps (like if you were at lunch or church) and it will fill in that you did the 250 steps that hour. I do it all the time if I’m sitting for an hour anywhere. I do make up the steps later in the day but want them to show for the hour I was sitting. My goal is to honestly fill in the 250 steps for every hour of every day. (A bit OCD?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue once in awhile (also OCD 😂) but don’t know how to do this manually! Can you explain how??

Best Answer
0 Votes